“Peaceful!”
Review of Cherokee Park

Cherokee Park
Ranked #22 of 185 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Less hilly and grassier than its local cousins, Cherokee Park is mostly open meadows and woods.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I love going over and walking the loop or just casually hanging out at Big Rock or the dog park. I do get a little nervous walking there at dusk as a female by myself so I usually only go during the day by myself.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Wow, this park is amazing. Designed by the same architect who designed Central Park (Olmsted), Cherokee Park is large and very well laid out. We visited numerous times just to see different areas. It was also enjoyable to see many families, couples, athletes, kids, etc., enjoying the park. It was clean and well-maintained and seemed very safe. Pack a picnic!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Walking Cherokee Park is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon. The main road is shaded and there are always plenty of people around (makes me feel safe). Be prepared to get lost driving through the Cherokee triangle and some parts of the main loop! And parking on the weekends can get kind of frustrating, but I've never not been able to find a spot.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I re-visited this park on our weekend trip to Louisville because of how much I loved it when I attended school in Louisville. The park has a great route to ride bikes or walk different loops around the soccer & softball fields, and also tennis courts w/ public restroom. There's a nice golf course, and excellent sled riding hills in winter! Very scenic and relaxing! There's always people out exercising and I always felt safe.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Drive, bike or walk the three mile scenic loop to explore the park designed by Olmstead - the architect of New York City's Central Park and the grounds of the Biltmore Estate! This was his last major commission of his career. Download the excellent free audio tour from the park website at:
Restrooms, playground, covered pavilions (one with grills), hiking paths and dog friendly.

Been to Cherokee Park? Share your experiences!