“Great place to be with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cherokee Park

Cherokee Park
Ranked #18 of 171 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Less hilly and grassier than its local cousins, Cherokee Park is mostly open meadows and woods.
Orlando, Florida, United States
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great place to be with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Visited the park with family. We enjoyed walking around the scenic trails and throw snowballs from the bridge. Took the kids to the playground and enjoyed the day despite of the snow and cold.

Richmond, Virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing in the Spring and Fall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm a local, so I've been to Cherokee Park about a million times. I've taken clients there for professional photo shoots, I've walked my dogs there, I've jogged (er, if you can call it that). The place is beautiful. The people are friendly. Anytime I have visitors in town from another country, I always make sure to take them to Cherokee Park. The size of it and how friendly it is for recreation never fails to impress visitors. Especially in the Spring and Fall, definitely worth a visit. And if you have time, make sure to explore off the paved path a bit. There are other walking trails to discover, and it's worth the time you'll take.

Visited December 2012
Louisville
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cherokee Park is a Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We used to go sledding in Cherokee Park. While driving through the park the other day I realized the reason why - the hills there are wonderful for sledding. I only saw them from a child's eyes before. Now, from the vantage point of my car, I could see just why it was the prime Louisville sledding spot. It's a beautiful park, in general. Streams, trees, rolling hills. Very nice.

Visited October 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Picnic in the Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is an excellent park for picnics. We have been visiting Cherokee Park all of our lives. It is a beautiful park and has a lovely golf course. We have had many family and friends get together here and have many memories of great times here. We have also attended concerts that are free many time that we great

Visited August 2012
Seattle
“Great park for running!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an beautiful park and GREAT for running! There is a 2.4 scenic loop to run through the park or you might go for a beautiful run between Cherokee and Seneca Park for 6.0 miles. There are plenty of trails through the woods if you are into photography of wildflowers, trees. As the other reviews mention - the neighborhoods surrounding the park are interesting and are great for running or walking through also to view the homes. Large areas for picnics, football, soccer, etc.

Visited November 2012

Been to Cherokee Park? Share your experiences!