“Good pizza offset by terrible service and bad customer relations”
Review of Impellizzeri's

Impellizzeri's
Ranked #201 of 1,770 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good pizza offset by terrible service and bad customer relations”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This particular location has been plagued with issues since they opened there several years ago. Getting a "C" rating every now then is bad enough, but more than once when I have been in there in the last 5 years something has happened. In 2008 the bartender they had doubled the tips I left on credit card receipts TWICE. The hostess indicated he was stealing from the business as well. I asked why he was still there and she said managment felt sorry for him. It took over a year later before they finally fired him! Their refusal to get rid of him and other weird things there led me not to go back until just this year (went to the downtown location with no problems). You'd think by now the coast would be clear, right? Wrong! Only my third visit back to this place Benny Impellizzeri informs me and my friend that he is going to "position the TV so that others sitting outside can see it". No big deal normally except we weren't asked, just told. As if they were more important than us. I expressed my unhappiness with the disrespect and he simply said "I can't win no matter what". Well you can if you use simple manners! Funny thing was the couple outside never even looked at the TV! Worse our server was a guy with an attitude who barely dealt with us despite an empty restaurant. He took forever to bring the checks (I had asked to make my order to go after this) and then took his sweet time to come back and get paid. Well unfortunately for him he took too long because at that point I was fed up, left the food untouched and just walked out. At some point enough is enough and I could care less if he had to pay out of pocket for that meal.

Pizza here is good but not worth the drama this place comes with, although it does keep with the "Keep Louisville Weird" theme and not in a good way. If you want great pizza and great service BOTH, go to Wicks or ZAs. Those places actually care about customers. Oh and BTW they don't get "Cs" for health inspection scores either.

• Visited October 2013

Indianapolis
“Great sticks and good pie”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our waitress told us to get the breadsticks. We didn't regret it. They were awesome. The pizza was pretty good, too. Our waitress was friendly and attentive on a really busy night. We'd certainly visit this place again!

• Visited October 2013
Louisville
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just got the ceasar salad and cheese pizza and it was so good and enough for a good nap afterwards! Service was great, got seated very quickly. Also a nice bar area in the downtown location if you want a cocktail or two.

Visited August 2013
ohio
“Returned a lost camera”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Well we couldn't find a place to eat that we all agreed on walked in here and had some pretty good pizza. My wife left her camera there and we called the next day and it was there

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida, USA
“Pretty good pizza, full bar, and open air seating”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Seating by the avenue can be open air when they open the giant windows. Really limited wine selection. Many big screens for game viewing. Easy walking to the Yum center or Presbyterian Church HQ.

• Visited July 2013