“Excellent facility and staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent facility and staff”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our stay was excellent is all regards. From the well-appointed immaculate facility to the knowledgeable helpful staff to the delicious breakfast, our experience could not have been better. Our stay coincided with a winter storm and the staff was exceptionally helpful and attentive in managing the extenuating circumstances.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
CMT502, thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel! I am so pleased ot hear that you had such a wonderful stay! Our entire staff, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast, to our laundry department all genuinely care so much about this hotel and our guests, and they work tirelessly each and every day to ensure that our guetss are well taken care of. I will be sure to share your comments with them, as it is very rewarding for them to hear from our guests that they are doing a great job. I know we have had some abysmal weather lately, and I am so glad we were able to provide you with accomidations that were clean, comfortable, WARM, and safe!
Thank you again for you kind words. We sincerely look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Asheville
Reviewed March 2, 2014

that I have ever stayed in!..It is right off the expressway. We stayed on the backside of the hotel, which was away from the expressway and never heard ANY noise....When we arrived, we noticed a school bus arriving with a bus full of students..even with this we never heard noise!!..we arrived early and check in was not a problem.when we arrived to our room, there was not a refrigerator or microwave.I went back to front desk and asked if there was a room available with microwave and refrigerator. I was immediately upgraded to a room with these amenities. Front desk was covered by a young lady named Taylor.. She was most pleasant, helpful and genuinely friendly. hot breakfast served between 6-10. we had planned to stay 2 nights, but weather predictions suggested we start home early..no problems at all cancelling reservation. beds very comfy..Thanks Taylor for the great service! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank redbeulah0
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Redbeulah0, thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did!
I am so happy we were able to provide you with a suite, which has a few amenities that our standard rooms do not offer, such as a mini fridge and microwave, as well as an additional sitting area and second TV. One great aspect about our suites is the fact that they are typically priced just about $5.00-$10.00 more than our standard rooms. Also please note...we do offer mini fridges in a number of our rooms with two queen size beds, so that is always an option for you as well, if you happen to be traveling with several people and need the additional bed.
I am also really pleased to hear that you enjoyed a restful, quiet night! This hotel's location is ideal because it is in a quiet, safe area of town, but still within an easy 15-20 minute drive to they myriad restaurants and attractions that Louisville has to offer!
I will also be sure to share you compliments with Taylor. She is an exceptional employee who strives to go above and beyond to serve our guests, and we are truly fortunate to have her. It is so nice for our employees to receive comments from our guests like yours, because it encourages them and lets them know they are doing a great job. Thank you so much.
We look forward to serving you in the future!
Wadesville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a nice hotel, I never felt unsafe. Very friendly desk personnel when we checked in.. We choose this hotel because we needed an early breakfast on the weekend and they serve beginning at 6 AM. One person in our group slept on the fold out and said it was comfy.

I had asked for a late check out due to having to depart so early in the morning and we were only going a mile away. Was hoping to return after the event to get our stuff. They could not give me an answer the night before, said they had to wait for the cleaning staff to arrive at 8 AM (we had to leave by 7 AM) The front desk called my phone to say they could not give me a late check out so I had to return mid-event. Check out is noon and I was asking to stay till 1:00.

NOTE: JUST A WARNING, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ROOM DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE FIXED. When we arrived in our room on Friday evening it was very dark. The light by the door was not working so we had to feel our way into the room to find a lamp and the switch for it. I reported the problem to the front desk and the pleasant young woman came to our room to see about fixing the problem. Since it was late and she would need a ladder to change the bulb I assured her it would be fine if she submitted a work order and have it fixed in the morning when room service was preformed. When we arrived back in our room later the next day the light still did not work. I checked with the front desk and was told maintenance was not preformed on the weekend.

If management wishes to contact me for further information I was in room 102 on Feb 21 & 22, 2014. Thank you, I'm not trying to "blackball" this hotel, just pointing out problems I had. I'm willing to give this hotel another try.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Momgs, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Louisville East. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to my attention so that I may take the necessary steps to ensure that our future guests do not experience these same problems. We are deeply committed to providing our guests with exceptional service, and I am so disappointed and sorry to hear that we completely failed to follow through on this committment.
Please know that we do our very best to accomodate late check out requests, based upon our availability. I am very sorry that we were not able to honor this request for you.
The fact that you were told that maintenance is not performed here on the weekends is simply not true. We do not have an engineer on property every day, but we have a sister property down the road that we can call and ask for help when maintenance related issues occur during the days that our maintenance engineer is off property. The entire staff knows this and I will certainly be speaking with the associate that told you that. Even if that was not the case, there are several associates on property at all times, and any one of them could have taken five minutes out of their day to cange your light bulb.
I completely understand your frustrations and again, I thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I will be contacting you shortly to discuss this matter further.
I do hope to be able to regain your trust. I would love for us to have another opportunity to serve you.
MA.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm just not too sure about this one. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and wanted to stay in a place that was easy on and off the highway. Except for meeting a friend for dinner and going to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, I was only "passing through." The parking area was not as well maintained as it should have been. I realize Kentucky isn't as prepared for weather related issues as we here in the Northeast are, but the lot should have been cleared of ice and snow. Also, there were several people lurking on the side of the hotel when I arrived. Perhaps they worked there and were on a break. I don't know. It just made me uncomfortable. As an older woman traveling alone, safety is a BIG concern. The room was clean but the bed wasn't very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JosieMa_
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
JosieMa, I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly striving to improve our level of service in order to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience when staying with us. Your feedback is highly valuable to us, and we take your comments very seriously. We put forth every effort to make sure that each and every one of our guests feels welcome, "at home", safe, and that all of their needs are met. I am truly disappointed that we were unable to do this for you.
We did have several weeks of inclement weather and frigid temperatures, but I assure you that we made every effort to keep our lot as clear as possible. We did have our lot plowed and treated with ice melt every time we were hit with a snowstorm. Unfortunatly, when the hotel is full our landscaping company is unable to plow every inch of our lot due to the fact that there are many cars taking up the majority of our parking spaces.
I noticed that you also commented on the fact that you saw people lurking around outside the hotel. Because we are a 100% smoke free hotel, and this is a policy that we strictly enforce, many of our guests will simply walk down the stairs and out the side door to have a smoke. I am sure that that is all you were seeing. We are located on a very safe and quiet end of town, and the vast majority of our guests are business travelers.
Again, I thank you for your comments and I apologize that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and prove to you that we really are an exceptional hotel!
New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed at this location on several occasions - always outstanding,wonderful staff, and comfortable and safe surroundings. Any requests were cheerfully and quickly fulfilled. As a woman traveling alone, I always feel welcome here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Lewpro, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us when you travel to Louisville, and that you are always pleased with your stay! The staff has been working very hard this past year in an effort to improve the level of service our guests receive. We have also been working on ways to improve the efficiency with which we respond to our guests' requests, and it's great to hear that the initiatives we have put into place are working. We are very fortunate to have a staff here that genuinely loves what they do and works to build relationships with our guests. I know that traveling for business can be stressful, lonely, frustrating, etc, and I'm really glad that we are able to make you feel welcome and help you relax.
Thank you for your loyalty and continued business! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really enjoy staying at this location while on business in Louisville. Convenient interstate access. Friendly staff who always remember my name! Clean, quiet & spacious rooms allow for work and rest. Restaurants and shopping near by. Perfect for business trips!

Room Tip: Staff is very accomodating if you want to upgrade your roome.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Kathi, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us as much as you do. The staff here takes great pride in their jobs, and it really shows in the way that they interact and develop relationships with all of our guests, especially our regulars (like yourself!). It's great to hear that you feel that the hotel helps you to be productive while traveling for work. We know that business travelers often have a very hectic schedule, full of long days and exhausting travel plans. We make it part of our mission to ensure that we provide you with a room that is neat, clean, reflects the highest quality standards, and that offers you everything you need in order to work efficiently.
Thank you again for your kind words. We can't wait to see you again!
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My business trip to Louisville was made all the more pleasant by the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East staff. I arrived after midnight due to travel delays, but I was greeted with a fresh, bright smile and guided to my room with terrific courtesy. My stay was enhanced by superior customer service, and I was impressed by the responsiveness and professionalism of each team member I met. I will definitely be back to stay with this terrific group!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy C
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Nancy, thank you so much for taking time to write such a complimentary review of our hotel! I am incredibly happy to hear that you had a great stay, and that we were able to make your business trip just a little less stressful. We are very well aware of how tiring business travel can be, and we strive to make sure that all of our guests experience a problem free stay, so that when they come back to their rooms they can relax. We have been working hard this past year to improve our responsiveness to our guests' needs/requests/issues, and it's so rewarding to hear from our guests that they are doing an excellent job. I am very proud of the entire staff here and will be sure to share your kind comments with them.
We know that you have a wide variety of hotels to choose from when in Louisville, and sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Hyatt Place Louisville-East
#25 of 95 in Louisville
Hampton Inn Louisville East/Hurstbourne
Louisville Marriott East
#3 of 95 in Louisville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!