“Good hotel, great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #44 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, Andy the desk clerk was very friendly. He was busy with people in a meeting room, as well as explaining things to a co-worker who didnt speak english, yet the young man still took the time out to personally order my dinner and helped me with recommendations for food. Many people in hotels will not do that. Andy was an exceptional example of "Customer Service".

The hotel is lit very well, the color scheme at the Fairfield is very bright and welcoming. You can tell by walking in the door it's a new hotel that is being well kept. The beds are comfortable, they do not have worn out mattresses and the entire place was very clean.

If I have anything bad to say, it would be the breakfast is subpar, but Andy told me that will change soon, which anything will be an improvement over the scarce variety they have now.

Conrad Fox.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Conrad_Fox
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here! I will most certainly share your kind words about Andy with him, as I know he will appreciate them very much. He has been working here for nearly 3 years and is a great asset to our staff. The hotel will be 4 years old in April, and the staff here works very hard to maintain its appearance, so it's great to know that we are doing a good job of that in our guest's eyes! And as Andy had mentioned, we will be rolling our our new breakfast program starting in April. That will include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage, and fresh cut fruit. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped over for a one night stay and found the room very clean and comfortable. We used the reviews on Trip Advisor to make our selection and were not disappointed. The price was acceptable for a King suite and the staff as helpful in finding a nearby restaurant. The coffee was good and the bed was very nice. No external noise and parking was acceptable. Just off the interstate so easy on/off.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel! We strive to deliver exceptional service to every guest that stays with us, and to provide a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards. I am so happy to hear that you were not disappointed. Although our hotel is situated outside of the heart of the city, it is a nice location because it is in a safe area of town, just off the highway, and within 5 to 10 minutes of a variety of restaurants. I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Louisville!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, comfortable, close to everything. Good breakfast as well, stayed Feb-17-19 2013 for business. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable, highly suggest this hotel for trips.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us very much! We see a lot of business travelers throughout the week, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing a good job of providing accomodations that are in a convenient location and that are conducive to helping you get your work done. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I stopped over here for a night. Great accommodations and service. Marriott is doing a great job recreating their image. The renovations to the Fairfield Inn line is a major improvement. I did have one issue with this hotel and that was the foam mattress on the beds. Not quite for sure why management chose this type of mattress over the traditional spring mattress but I awoke several times in the middle of the night tossing and turning. No one else in my family seemed to be affected by it but, be aware.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us recently! I am so happy to hear that you and your family were pleased with your stay; we were certainly glad to have you. I also appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our mattresses comfortable and ultimately did not get a very good night's sleep. It is our goal to provide a room that is as comfortable as possible to our guests. The mattresses we have in our guest rooms are per Marriott standards, and so unfortunately there is not much we can do to change that. Again, I do thank you for staying with us and we would love to see you again should you and your family travel to Louisville in the future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel about once a month for the last 2-3 years. I am on the road 2-3 nights a week and I would rank this hotel at the top of all the hotels I stay at. The service is always great and the hotel is well kept. I would definitely recommend it. I recently left a personal belonging in my room (by mistake). I called back the next day to see if they had found it. Alex Beischel was the person that helped me - she was awesome. She was immediately up front with me and explained to me they found the item but accidentally threw it away. The house keeper and Alex showed great honesty and integrity by admitting this. They could have easily told me they didn't find it, sorrry. But they stepped up and sent me a check for the cost of my item. This is why I try to always stay at Marriotts. This is a well run hotel, I am not writing this review just because they sent me a reimbursement. It really is a great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric B
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, and especially for your loyalty! We appreciate the business that our regular guests bring in very much. When I discovered that your toothbrush had accidentally been thrown out I just felt so awful and could not be dishonest with you, especially knowing that you stay with us as often as you do. Thank you for taking the news as well as you did! I'm just happy we were able to resolve the issue quickly for you. We certainly look forward to seeing you during your next stay!
Alex Beischel

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel had a very modern decor that was fresh and different. It definitely was not your typical hotel! The staff were very friendly. I did have a few problems booking the hotel through the website, but I was trying to use my phone so it may not have been working properly because of that. My husband and I booked a romantic escape which turned out to be extremely sweet. We received chocolates and champagne already in our room when we arrived. The rooms were extremely clean with eye pleasing decor that made me feel like I paid a lot more than I did. In the morning breakfast was great. There is a self service bar that includes making your own waffles. When they ran out if waffle batter the staff was right on it. I do agree with some of the other posts about the pool. It was kind of chilly and very green. There is no hot tub at this location with kind of bummed me out. But overall this hotel was awesome, quite, clean, friendly, and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Also a quick tip for those out of town, there are three fairfield inns in Louisville, this is the east one. We went to the downtown one first on accident.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Crystal M

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, and for the pictures you posted! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time here, and to hear that you liked the Romance Package deal. I think it is a fun little treat. I am especially pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient, as we strive to deliver outstanding guest service to every guest that will make you want to return. We will actually be rolling out a new breakfast program in April which will include scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh cut fruit, so you can look forward to an even better breakfast if you stay with us again! I do sincerely apologize for the issues with the pool and I'm so sorry that it was cloudy when you swam in it. We have since gotten it cleared up and raised the water temperature. Also, I have tried to book rooms using the Marriott app as well and find that I have a little trouble with it too sometimes. In the future feel free to call the hotel directly and we would be more than happy to make the reservation for you. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed two nights this week. The room was very nice, clean, and large. Every interaction with a member of the staff was friendly and service oriented. Appreciated the variety of soft drinks available throughout the hotel. Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you such a nice stay and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We work very hard to make sure that every guest feels welcome and that their needs are met; it's nice to hear that we are doing our job well! I'm glad you enjoyed the drinks that we offer, as we try to make sure to have something available to appeal to a variety of tastes. Your business is much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Hampton Inn Louisville East/Hurstbourne
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Louisville East, KY
SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North
Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Hyatt Place Louisville-East
#24 of 102 in Louisville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!