“Good for business travel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel served my needs for business travel. It was as expected for the range of hotel - the rooms were clean, the hotel was mostly quiet and the facilities were accomodating. The staff was exceptional and made sure that we were comfortable.

The location is in a very busy area of Louisville, but in the back of a shopping strip so pretty quiet. There were several decent chain restaurants nearby, but I recommend expanding out a little for some better dining options.

Overall a good stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms to be clean, comfortable, and accomodating to your needs as a business traveler. We see many corporate travelers pass through our doors on a daily basis, and it's nice to know that our facilities are conducive to your productivity! I certainly appreciate your nice comments about our staff; they work very hard to make sure that every guest feels welcome and that all of their needs are met. Also, I know that the restaurant options in the immediate surrounding area are somewhat limited, but there are plenty of other options within about a 5 minute drive (as you said). If you choose to stay with us the next time you are in town, and need some suggestions as to where to eat, please don't hesitate to stop by the front desk as we would be happy to suggest some great places to try!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our Grandaughter was having her 4 year old Birthday Party at All About Kids, on December 29th. My Husband and I decided that we would drive up on December 28th, and stay in a Hotel. There would be no question on where we would be staying, it was just in what part of town, closer to the Birthday Party. I found this Fairfield Inn on Kentucky Mills to be very convient, and booked us a night stay their. It was very cold, and snowy, and as we walked in the Lobby to check in, and the first thing that is noticeable was the roaring Fireplace. The Gentlemen at the desk, (Andy) was VERY welcoming and hospitable. Got us checked in, and we were in our Room in a matter of minutes. We booked a Standard King Room, and it was VERY clean and attractive. Large entryway, and enough room for just us. For just one night or for a week, there is NO OTHER place we would rather stay, but the Fairfield Inns. We use to stay at the "competitors", but no more. This is THE BEST!!

Room Tip: If it is just you and your significant other, a Standard King Room would be be a perfect fit!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I am so glad that you chose to stay in our hotel during your overnight stay and had such an enjoyable time, especially since you drove to Louisville to celebrate your daughter's birthday! I am happy to hear that you found the staff here to be warm and hospitable, as we strive to make sure that each and every guest feels like they are walking into a "home away from home" when they arrive. I will certainly share your comments with Andy, as I know he will appreciate them very much. He has worked at this hotel for several years and is a valuable asset to our team. I'm also pleased that you found your room to be very clean, as it is our goal to make sure that every room is clean, neat, and reflects the highest quality standards! Happy 4th birthday to your daughter, and I sincerely hope that she had fun! We would certainly love for you to stay here again if you find yourself in Louisville sometime in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We (my parents, my sister/her family, and my husband/son) visited Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East toward the beginning of October 2012. We rented 3 rooms for 2 nights (the king suites) and absolutely loved our stay! The rooms were lovely, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I was surprised by the variety of complimentary breakfast selections (pastries, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, & even different breakfast sandwiches to warm up). I also loved the selection of convenience items located by the front desk available for purchase. We got in late the first night and it saved us from having to find a convenience store. The hotel was also very conviently located for us. I think the only "negative" thing I can say is the hair dryer was finally located on the shelf in the closet by the bed, which seems like an odd place for it. Otherwise we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will be visiting Louiville again in December and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the king suite. You have a nice living room type area that is somewhat separated fr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I am so happy to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us! We strive to make sure that you have a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards, and to deliver exceptional guest service. It's great to know that we are succeeding in these areas! Also, if you happen to stay with us in the new year you will like our breakfast even more! We will be adding some hot items to the buffet, such as scrambled eggs and sausage. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again this month!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here 6 nights on business. The hotel is very clean and attractive. We booked a standard king room. The room consisted of a very long entryway and a very small room. It was basically enough room for a king bed, nightstands, and not much else. If we were just staying there a night or two we could have lived with it. But we chose to upgrade to a king suite, and we were very happy with that room. The bedroom had a king bed, closet, dresser, tv, and bench with plenty of room to move around. The living room had a sofa, chair, desk, and another tv. There is also a small fridge and microwave which came in very handy. It was definitely worth the extra cost.

The beds are very comfortable. We did some searching and found out that Simmons makes mattresses for Marriott.

The meeting rooms are standard. The breakfast area is very nice and comfortable with a double sided fireplace. The breakfasts are typical hotel offerings such as waffle iron, cereals, oatmeal, breads and pastries, and some microwave-able biscuits and pita pockets.

The location is great - just off the interstate and convenient.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your week long stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It was nice to hear that you liked the suite so much. They are definitely a more comfortable option for guests who are staying more than 1 or 2 nights, and a great deal because they are usually just about $10 more than our standard rooms. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our family stopped at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Louisville East, on our return drive back to Chicago. We had been in Charleston, SC, for a family wedding Labor Day weekend. Our Fairfield Inn experience was very positive, from check-in to check-out the following morning. Two queen beds worked fine for my wife and I, and our twenty year old daughter. Very comfortable lodging, particularly after a 10+ hour day in the car. We recommended the hotel to others who were making the return drive back to Chicago the following day. They too had a great experience. We have never had a less than positive experience at Marriott properties.

Room Tip: We chose this particular Fairfield Inn since it was very nice, I think less than 3 years old. Our r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I am so happy that your family enjoyed their stay. I also thank you for referring others to stay at this hotel, we certainly appreciate any referrals! I'm glad you had a safe trip home and I hope that we see you in the future if you find yourself in Louisville again!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a very modern looking and clean propeorty. Rooms were nice and the hotel staff was friendly. It may not look it on a map, but this hotel is very convenient for most places in Louisville. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our property! Our staff works hard to make sure that every room is kept clean, neat and comfortable, and to make sure that you feel welcome. The location of this hotel is very nice, as it's in a very safe area just outside the city, yet within close proximity to many restaurants and Louisville attractions. I hope that we see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here long term on a business trip. The staff was wonderful and professional. It was clean and they have a nice variety for breakfast too! It is very quiet. Lots of restaurants close and close to highway to go any where.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here! I'm glad that you found our rooms to be clean and quiet, as we strive to make sure the business travelers who stay here are able to accomplish their work in a comfortable environment. We would love to have you back if you ever find yourself in Louisville for business (or pleasure!) again! Thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!