Review of Basa Restaurant - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Clifton
Cross street: Clifton Ave / Jane St
Southern Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Four of us recently had a fantastic dinner at Basa. Service was excellent, and the Asian/Fusion cuisine was delicious. We'd all ordered the evening specials; nothing off the menu. I'd started with a spicy soup with mussels, which reminded me of a Manhattan-Style clam chowder, and followed it up with a Szechuan-marinaded beef dish. it was great.

I would definitely return!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I LOVE this restaurant. I have stopped in without a reservation a few times (not recommended, because it fills up) and managed to get a spot at the bar. I highly recommend this, as Kyle the bartender is top-notch, and they have a small bites menu at the bar that you don't get at the regular tables. Kyle made some fine recommendations and we enjoyed everything we had. My very favorite is the mussels in curry broth. OMG! I've never had mussels this good in my life. My husband and I scarfed the appetizer-sized portion, then asked for a side of rice so we could savor the rich curry broth a little longer. Even without rice, I'd eat this up with a spoon! It is phenomenal. Next time we'll ask for a larger portion. I'm craving it already. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Shaking Beef. Ahhhh, filet mignon stir fry over jasmine rice. Amazing. Everything else we tried we also give 5 stars. Wonderful service, heavenly food. Delicious!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Karin T
Kentucky
“Great Food and Wonderful service. A+++”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Basa in Louisville has the Best Food. Great Wine selection and Cocktails.Everything on the Menu is Spectacular.The Chef and crew show close attention to Details. I cant want to go back.

• Visited April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome, must visit.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Everything on the menu is great, but I really enjoy sitting at the bar and ordering from the bar/specials menu. They serve smaller versions of their entrees so I can try various dishes. The cocktail program is also top-notch.

• Visited March 2012
“One of the Best Restaurants in Louisville”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Everything was spectacular. I enjoyed the seafood soup of the day - mussels and shrimp, fresh cilantro, bean sprouts floating in a tomato broth. Followed with spring rolls and ahi tuna. It's apparent that only the finest and freshest ingredients are used and the chef pays close attention to everything coming from the kitchen. I started my meal with a signature boron cocktail - "Esther Rose" maybe? Tasted like an old fashioned and delicious!

On the less than spectacular side - The dining room is kind of crowded and very loud.

Basa is on my top five list for Louisville dining.

• Visited February 2012