“accused me of taking pillows and charged me for it”

Ramada Louisville Expo Center
Ranked #75 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Never been to Kentucky ever in my life. My husband, and my 4 year old daughter, stayed 1 night, they put us in a horrible room, toilet didnt work right, noise constantly from the road. Noise from the gym which was the room next to us. You know I didnt want to complain, because I was getting at least a cheap rate. Im on a budget. I bring my own pillows, so does my husband, we have back issues, and our pillows are for back support. Hotel pillows do not work. None the less we check out, And go home. Today, the next day, I receive a charge for 2 missing pillows. As if I would steal pillows. So I called and I tried to get this taken care of, at first she did not want to take it off, because of what was reported. She said we should have had 8 pillows. I didnt count the pillows, and next time I go anywhere I will. But since housekeeping said they were missing, we get charged. Horrible service, they were rude, and when I get upset all they want to do is rush me off the phone and say that it was refunded back to me. I used to work for the hotel industry. That is not a way to treat a guest. For one, word of mouth, note the review I am writing. So much was wrong with the room. But, it was one night and after driving all day, I didnt care. I wouldnt stay there ever again, and as far as Ramada goes, I will never stay at another.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank LeslieC06
There are newer reviews for Ramada Louisville Expo Center

Reviewed August 23, 2010

My 2 daughters and I stayed here for 5 days, we were in Louisville for work at the Convention Center downtown. the hotel was clean and safe. the staff was all very friendly and helpful. the drive was not bad at all going into downtown. i ill stay there next time im in town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I planned a week vacation for my family. Looked at areas near Illinois that the entire family could enjoy. We had a annual pass for Six Flags and my two daughters love horses so we felt Louisville was a great option. Got to the area and were very unimpressed with how dirty the entire town was but felt this was a not even the best area in Louisville. The area around the hotel just felt dirty. Went ahead and checked into the hotel since we already had it confirmed and the hotel staff did seem very nice.
Went to the room, for starters the beds were very uncomfortable, the room wasn't extremely clean. We had to get new sheets for the beds as they weren't even clean enough to sleep on. Found dead bugs in various areas of the room as well. The internet connection was good when on but kept disconnecting from our 2 laptops making it almost unusable. During the night the road noise was horrible, made it really hard to sleep.
Woke up the next morning went down for the free breakfast, this was one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel and I have stayed in a fair number of hotels and often on a budget. Stayed 2 days at this hotel on the second day at this hotel there was a hot rod show at the fairgrounds and the hotel was very busy. Parking was as almost all spots in the lot were taken. Had to park in a spot very near a back road due to coming back to the hotel around midnight. Woke up and checked out of the hotel the next morning only to find our van had been broken into. While nice the hotel staff seemed to not really care much and it took quite a bit to get a vacuum to clean the glass out of our van. Found the hotel has no camera system and no form of security for the lot.
Often during the stay overheard the staff complaining about the ownership of this hotel and then after filing a complaint with Ramada the ownership didn't even have the courtesy to call and apologize for the horrible visit.

Completely unrelated to this hotel but also contributing to the horrible visit, On the first full day in Louisville the entire town flooded and most roads and attractions were closed including the Kentucky Derby Museum which was a major part of our attraction to the city. The Six Flags in Kentucky is not even comparable to the Six Flags in St Louis, nowhere near the rides, very poor rides that are there the worst of them being the coasters, much shorter hours and you have to pay for parking even with a yearly parking pass. After this trip I would not recommend anyone ever wasting a dollar to go to Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank bryonc
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The first night my Colleagues and I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Louisville, Kentucky we noticed a bug in the mini-fridge. We killed it and picked it up to see what sort of bug it was. It turns out it was a COCKROACH! Later in the night we killed 2 more pretty good sized ones and a tiny one crawling on the wall. The Queen suitts are also nothing like what the pictures in the brochure showed. This hotel is by far the dirtiest I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank foxbabe08
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed at this hotel out of convenience as we were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool to occupy the kids and somewhere close to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. We were not exactly sure of which gate was the easiest access to the park since they have several. The desk clerk was sitting behind the desk reading a book while we stood there waiting. Finally when she did look up and acknowledge us she was not helpful as to which direction to go. That night, we were going out for dinner and needed to know which way was North since that is what the directions stated, they told us the wrong direction. Then the next day we went down to the indoor pool around noon, and it was supposed to be open @ 9am...the door was locked. When we found an employee, a young woman comes out with her 2 kids following her and unlocks the door. My family will not be staying her in the future. We will sacrifice and drive a little farther to the park, as we did the 2nd day anyways because it really was not all that convenient to walk.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank justhvnfun09
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Dont expect much, this is a hotel that will get you through the night. We stayed here because we had our dogs with us and were participating in a horse show at the Kentucky State Fair. Its right outside gate 4. We checked in very late but were charged twice on our stay for one night. This issue was resolved by the general manager the following monday and I appreciated his help.

There are a lot nicer hotels all around the fair and expo. If you have pets though, you might not have has many choices, this place will get you through the night.

Not a lot of places to REAL close (within walking) but there is a Arbys.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2008

There were three specific problems during our stay, and I want to highlight one in particular.

DO NOT STAY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE DEAF.

The exterior of the east side of the hotel is approximately 10 yards away from a very busy street, with a fair amount of truck traffic. Because the hotel is so close to the road, the sound of road traffic is very loud in hotel rooms which face the street. You will feel like your bed is on the sidewalk next to the road.

We're not picky about noise. This was the first time ever that I have asked to be moved to another room. The rooms that face the street are unbelieveably noisy, and the road traffic is sufficiently busy that you will be roused from slumber by the noise at all times of night.

Insist on a room on the west side of the hotel - in terms of noise, you will feel like you are in another hotel. We did insist on moving to the west side of the hotel, which is much much much quieter. In case I have mixed up east and west, insist on a room in the hotel that does NOT face Crittenden Drive.

Two other problems of note. The hotel advertises a hot breakfast. The only thing that could qualify as a hot breakfast is access to a waffle maker and a toaster. Other than that, don't expect any eggs or breakfast meats or potatoes or anything else I would call a hot breakfast. Also, they advertise internet access. However, while we were there, the lobby pc was not working.

Would I stay there again. No. But if you do, for whatever reason, do not hesitate to insist on a quiet room that does not face Crittenden Drive.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fallstraveler