Ramada Louisville Expo Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Louisville)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanmake your own wafflescardinal stadiumchurchill downsclose to the airportbreakfast barone night staylivestockmaids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The first night my Colleagues and I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Louisville, Kentucky we noticed a bug in the mini-fridge. We killed it and picked it up to see what sort of bug it was. It turns out it was a COCKROACH! Later in the night we killed 2 more pretty good sized ones and a tiny one crawling on the wall. The Queen suitts are also nothing like what the pictures in the brochure showed. This hotel is by far the dirtiest I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank foxbabe08
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed at this hotel out of convenience as we were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool to occupy the kids and somewhere close to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. We were not exactly sure of which gate was the easiest access to the park since they have several. The desk clerk was sitting behind the desk reading a book while we stood there waiting. Finally when she did look up and acknowledge us she was not helpful as to which direction to go. That night, we were going out for dinner and needed to know which way was North since that is what the directions stated, they told us the wrong direction. Then the next day we went down to the indoor pool around noon, and it was supposed to be open @ 9am...the door was locked. When we found an employee, a young woman comes out with her 2 kids following her and unlocks the door. My family will not be staying her in the future. We will sacrifice and drive a little farther to the park, as we did the 2nd day anyways because it really was not all that convenient to walk.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank justhvnfun09
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Dont expect much, this is a hotel that will get you through the night. We stayed here because we had our dogs with us and were participating in a horse show at the Kentucky State Fair. Its right outside gate 4. We checked in very late but were charged twice on our stay for one night. This issue was resolved by the general manager the following monday and I appreciated his help.

There are a lot nicer hotels all around the fair and expo. If you have pets though, you might not have has many choices, this place will get you through the night.

Not a lot of places to REAL close (within walking) but there is a Arbys.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2008

There were three specific problems during our stay, and I want to highlight one in particular.

DO NOT STAY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE DEAF.

The exterior of the east side of the hotel is approximately 10 yards away from a very busy street, with a fair amount of truck traffic. Because the hotel is so close to the road, the sound of road traffic is very loud in hotel rooms which face the street. You will feel like your bed is on the sidewalk next to the road.

We're not picky about noise. This was the first time ever that I have asked to be moved to another room. The rooms that face the street are unbelieveably noisy, and the road traffic is sufficiently busy that you will be roused from slumber by the noise at all times of night.

Insist on a room on the west side of the hotel - in terms of noise, you will feel like you are in another hotel. We did insist on moving to the west side of the hotel, which is much much much quieter. In case I have mixed up east and west, insist on a room in the hotel that does NOT face Crittenden Drive.

Two other problems of note. The hotel advertises a hot breakfast. The only thing that could qualify as a hot breakfast is access to a waffle maker and a toaster. Other than that, don't expect any eggs or breakfast meats or potatoes or anything else I would call a hot breakfast. Also, they advertise internet access. However, while we were there, the lobby pc was not working.

Would I stay there again. No. But if you do, for whatever reason, do not hesitate to insist on a quiet room that does not face Crittenden Drive.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fallstraveler
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed here in the middle of Oct. 08 for a conference at the University. It was cheap and reasonably clean but really noisy. Also even though it is a completely nonsmoking hotel, I could still vaguely smell smoke in the elevator and lobby, and everyone congregates outside the front door to smoke so I had to keep walking through this. Walls between rooms are paper thin. I could hear every single thing in the room next to mine including a fight at 5:30 am between the man and the woman staying there. There's a free continential breakfast, free wireless, easy walk to Expo center and on the bus line, but there are many more chain hotels in the area that are probably much nicer. Also unlike the other hotels, they don't have a free shuttle to the airport. I paid $10 for the ride over when I arrived even though the airport is only about 2 miles away. Don't stay here--check out the other nearby chain hotels for a better experience.

• Stayed: October 2008