“For the Fair & Expo it'll do because of its decent location!”

Ramada Louisville Expo Center
Ranked #75 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Dont expect much, this is a hotel that will get you through the night. We stayed here because we had our dogs with us and were participating in a horse show at the Kentucky State Fair. Its right outside gate 4. We checked in very late but were charged twice on our stay for one night. This issue was resolved by the general manager the following monday and I appreciated his help.

There are a lot nicer hotels all around the fair and expo. If you have pets though, you might not have has many choices, this place will get you through the night.

Not a lot of places to REAL close (within walking) but there is a Arbys.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Louisville Expo Center

Reviewed November 19, 2008

There were three specific problems during our stay, and I want to highlight one in particular.

DO NOT STAY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE DEAF.

The exterior of the east side of the hotel is approximately 10 yards away from a very busy street, with a fair amount of truck traffic. Because the hotel is so close to the road, the sound of road traffic is very loud in hotel rooms which face the street. You will feel like your bed is on the sidewalk next to the road.

We're not picky about noise. This was the first time ever that I have asked to be moved to another room. The rooms that face the street are unbelieveably noisy, and the road traffic is sufficiently busy that you will be roused from slumber by the noise at all times of night.

Insist on a room on the west side of the hotel - in terms of noise, you will feel like you are in another hotel. We did insist on moving to the west side of the hotel, which is much much much quieter. In case I have mixed up east and west, insist on a room in the hotel that does NOT face Crittenden Drive.

Two other problems of note. The hotel advertises a hot breakfast. The only thing that could qualify as a hot breakfast is access to a waffle maker and a toaster. Other than that, don't expect any eggs or breakfast meats or potatoes or anything else I would call a hot breakfast. Also, they advertise internet access. However, while we were there, the lobby pc was not working.

Would I stay there again. No. But if you do, for whatever reason, do not hesitate to insist on a quiet room that does not face Crittenden Drive.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank fallstraveler
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed here in the middle of Oct. 08 for a conference at the University. It was cheap and reasonably clean but really noisy. Also even though it is a completely nonsmoking hotel, I could still vaguely smell smoke in the elevator and lobby, and everyone congregates outside the front door to smoke so I had to keep walking through this. Walls between rooms are paper thin. I could hear every single thing in the room next to mine including a fight at 5:30 am between the man and the woman staying there. There's a free continential breakfast, free wireless, easy walk to Expo center and on the bus line, but there are many more chain hotels in the area that are probably much nicer. Also unlike the other hotels, they don't have a free shuttle to the airport. I paid $10 for the ride over when I arrived even though the airport is only about 2 miles away. Don't stay here--check out the other nearby chain hotels for a better experience.

• Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank Beatrice12
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Its a pretty decent hotel. We've never stayed with our dog in a hotel before. I was kind of worried. But when we walked into the room, it had obviously been cleaned very well and smelled like cleaner. (Even though there were some drips on the wall) But it's obviously clean enough that my dog, and my parents dog don't really pick up on smells.
We happened to be staying there while the dog show was going on across the street. The hotel was full of dogs. This hotel wasn't very sound proof, so, along with our dogs hearing other dogs, we could hear some of them too. My parents were on the street side first floor. They said they had lots of road noise. We were on the second floor right above them, and had much less. We all could hear our neighbors or the hall way pretty well.
There is a continental breakfast till 9 a.m. A computer in the lobby, and free WiFi in all the rooms.
Over all, its not the nicest or the worst hotel I've been in. Our only real complaint was the noise. For $119 a night, across the street from Gate C at the convention center, it was a convenient choice.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We (mom & 10-yr old son) booked this hotel last minute for two nights to visit the water park at the end of a 2 wk vacation.

Negatives: 1) It is a MUCH longer walk to and from the actual entrance of the park then they said it would be - plan for about 10-15 min each way and you have to cross a 5 lane road with no intersection.

2) Neighborhood is not great. I was a little concerned about parking in the back at night. Also, the desk asked to see my drivers license which I thought was a little odd and had never been asked that before but ... ok.

3) When we got to our floor - it was clearly a converted smoking floor. The smell was truly unbelievable and the room was no better. Although spacious the smell was overwhelming. The sheet even had a burn mark on it! (I went down to the desk and they offered a ground floor room next to the pool which was very noisy and considering the neighborhood I did not feel safe on the first floor so we went back to the converted upper floor/room.)

Upon returning home after 2 wks of travel, the clothes that had previously been washed at a family's house and were never even removed from the suitcases during our stay here, had to all be re-washed and the suitcases had to be aired out on the back porch for an entire day.

Positives: It was nicely decorated for this type of hotel, decent breakfast, and the computer available in the lobby was very convenient for the few mins I needed it.

Summary ... Ok place, very average, but will probably try another hotel closer to the park's entrances next time. Also, would definitely insist on a non-smoking floor.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank RealEstateDiva
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Great Location, Superb Hotel and Excellent service!!!! I am highly impressed with hotel and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers. Good Value for money. I would stay in this hotel again n again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
st. louis missouri
Reviewed September 26, 2005

The manager was very rude, on the phone and also in person. NEVER staying there again

Stayed: August 2005