“Going to Jewish hospital”

Ramada Louisville Expo Center
Ranked #69 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“Going to Jewish hospital”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We picked this ramada to stay one night while going to Jewish hospital the next day. The price was good for a one night stay. The girl at the front desk was really helpful when we couldn't figure out how to get the tv Chanel's we wanted to watch. The room was nice bedding clean and comfortable. The bathroom needed some work. Minor things like the sink had a crack in it the bathtub has water stains and no stopper for water if you wanted to take a bath. The shower curtain was stained and underneath the sink wall paper was missing along with looking kinda dirty under there the coffee maker looked like it had grime around the top. The bathroom could use a really good deep cleaning as the bottom of the toilet didn't look like it was cleaned really good. The waffle maker for breakfast was great. Location was ok had a Cracker Barrel, Arby's, and Burger King up the road. Nothin much else to do close to the hotel close to the airport but no planes after 9 or 10 at night and the morning flights started around 5. Right off 65 easy to get to and from 65. Overall it was a decent stay. I would pick a different location next time just because we would like to closer to some type of shopping.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
EVANSVILLE
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I won a free night here through a local contest. We decided to use the night on Thanksgiving. We called ahead and it wasn't a problem. Our plans were to eat lunch at Churchill Downs, visit the Seelbach for a light supper and drink, drive through the Mega Caverns Christmas display, spend the night and return to the race track for a behind-the-scenes tour the day after Thanksgiving. Everything went as planned and the hotel was located perfectly for our plans. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the stay was fine. It's not a three-star hotel of course, but it served our purpose and had a great proximity to the interstates, etc. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BEREA
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was in Louisville on grant-related business for 4 days. This Ramada fit the grant budget , but I was concerned because I have had negative experiences with other hotels in this price range. I needn't have feared - my young daughters and I had a lovely, spacious room with a fridge and microwave, the shower was GREAT, the front desk staff was extremely sweet (especially Jessica) and the breakfast was more than adequate. The girls enjoyed the pool, which is small and has a limit of 5 people, but since we were visiting at a rather slow time, we were the only ones in the pool area. The beds were very comfortable and the cleaners used by Housekeeping smell really nice. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to this part of Louisville!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 330, and it was lovely. We could hear airplanes all day and night, but that's...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jonesville
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The property was clean and well maintained. The beds and sleeper sofas were very uncomfortable but were clean. The only real complaint that I have it, I was quoted a price of $69 a night and ended up paying $92 a night, and I really could have stayed in a way nicer hotel for that price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Kendra W
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Most of the hotels I checked out online only had 2 double beds. At this Ramada we were able to book a double queen room which was clean and recently renovated. I was surprised as with other hotel double queen rooms there was never much room left over. But this room was spacious. A small refrigerator was nice but there was no micro wave. We were close to the breakfast room so it was easy to use that one. While it's true the airport is near, the flight paths are off to the side, not overhead. We enjoyed a quiet and peaceful sleep. If there are any future visits to Louisville, I will always stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear parking areas would be better as they are the furtherest from the main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family