“Clean room and nice staff”

Ramada Louisville Expo Center
Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My sister and I drove cross country and had the opportunity to stay a night here last month. The room was pretty clean and the staff was real nice. Couldn't tell we were so close to the airport either!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Vidya R, Manager at Ramada Louisville Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've never reviewed a room before. I am now, since this is definitely one of the worst of reasonably-priced hotels I've ever stayed at. I've been checked in only a few hours; here is the status so far:

- room is not the size or furnished as described online. (We booked and paid via the website.) We were told that housekeeping did not work today and therefore no other rooms were clean/available.

- the only crib available was a broken *drop side* crib. (I believe these cribs were recalled several years ago?)

- a ground floor window to the pool, adjacent to the parking lot, was wide open. Ironically this was next to a security sticker.

- room smells strongly of smoke and men's cologne.

The person at the front desk was notified of all of these issues. She was nice and apologetic; however, she seemed to have no authority to correct or resolve any issues. We have asked that our stay be refunded. We are hoping to get a resolution in the morning. Note that I also tried to contact the operations director, Doug Simmons, whose number is listed in our room. The number just rang--no voicemail or message system. This surprised me.

I am hopeful that our stay will be refunded and that we can have a favorable impression of this hotel chain. At present, however, this has been one of the worst hotel experiences.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank akc00001

Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-637-6336 .

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Vidya R, Manager at Ramada Louisville Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went up for the Kentucky State Fair and stayed here. Room was clean, staff was friendly and was joking around with us. Wish the pool was a little bigger. We will stay here again. The only issue we had was the wooden top of the half wall separating the seating area from the bed popped off. Room was clean, did smell a little like mildew, but we were right above the pool area, so that's not alarming. A little Febreeze spray and it was forgotten about.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest :

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 502-637-6336 .

A TripAdvisor Member
WATERBURY
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Roof was being redone, banging early in the morning until late evening. I paid for a room that I could be comfortable in for the entire stay. Very annoying. Also, wall tooo thin - got woken up in the middle of the night by a nreighbor swearing. Had limited hours to sleep -between the thin walls and the banging on the roof, I left the hotel very tired

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Vidya R, Manager at Ramada Louisville Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported earlier on today. I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies for this short coming.

The roof Job done on the wrong time of the year. The roofers had to work according to the season and the weather didn't Co-operate much with them cause of which they landed on that day. In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service. If you wish to contact either myself or the Front Desk team, please do not hesitate contacting us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
PORT CLINTON
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was for disabled, which we are not. Room was very small, dirty coffee cups not picked up, coffee not replaced in the morning, coffee maker left dirty, sheets not changed, room VERY noisy etc, etc,

never going back to that location!