$143
$118
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$181
$159
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Breckinridge Inn(Louisville)
$81
$79
$159
$147
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$89
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$118
$109
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$90
$68
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$72
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

All reviewssports bar restaurantreasonable hotelnext morningfront desk staffclean hotelwake up callrooms are nicelouisville areabusiness tripbreakfast buffetonsite
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for a night over the weekend to attend the KY state fair. The hotel is nice, clean, newer hotel with great service. The rooms were excellent, the pool area looked a little small...but there was a door that led from the pool to an outdoor seating area and a basketball court that looked nice!

At check-in the clerk gave us certificates for a free breakfast and $5 off each entree for dinner. I was a little nervous when we sit down in the restaurant for dinner that night because we were the only people in there. But, the food was great, and the beer prices with it being happy hour was good too. But, when we used our free certificates for breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, we were not impressed. The bacon was not edible, and the biscuits and gravy was not much better. I would have been really disappointed had we paid for this. My advice would be to pass on their breakfast unless they give it to you for free.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport. We talked the shuttle driver into venturing out a little and he dropped us off at the fair for a nice tip. He even came back to pick us up! When we returned to the hotel later that evening, we went into the vending area and to our surprise, their vending area does not include any food/candy. We were told to walk to the hotel next door as we could find something there.

Room Tip: Pass on the breakfast!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Travis928,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Louisville. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently visited the city of Louisville, KY for the graduation of our son from the Southern Police Institute at the University of Louisville. We stayed at the Holiday Inn located at 6551 Paramount Park Drive, off Fern Valley Road. This hotel is at least four years old and looked new. Our room and its bath were spotless and the hotel has a great staff serving their guests. My grandson loved well kept the indoor pool. Their complimentary breakfast for their guest in the morning is served in the restaurant adjoining the hotel lobby and is top notch with our server bringing hot coffee dispensers to our table. Be sure to get your complimentary breakfast coupon from the reservations clerk each morning. We really enjoyed our three day stay here. If in the Louisville area, don't hesitate to stay here, I think you will be well pleased.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Wsaucier,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us and that we could accommodate you. Thank you for telling us your experience with the breakfast. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this holiday inn for 4 nights 7/8 through 7/11. Was in town for work, with other work associates also staying at this hotel. I had stayed off this exit before, but was not impressed with the next door hotel. The access is easy, however, turning left to head to the interstate can be tricky during traffic. Take the little road to the light near Thorntons for safety.

Holiday Inn was MUCH more comfortable. The place felt clean and was, the beds were comfortable. Staff were just fine, some nicer than others. The on-site restaurant was good for breakfast, a nice clean and well presented buffet with warm food as well as yogurt, etc. The coffee was quite good, and they had decaf which was great for me. The hostess was nice, brought and poured first cup and gave you a to-go cup as well. For evening drinks, they treat you right, and have an outside area too.

Speaking of smoke - this hotel has the 6th floor designated for smoking rooms. I was VERY worried that the ventilation system wouldn't be good enough and in my non-smoking room I'd still smell it. I have a very sensitive smeller so I had called ahead to ask for a middle floor. I was in room 313 and never smelled a hint of smoke!! The only time was in the elevator after a smoking guest may have been in it.

Regarding the room -- I found the beds very comfortable! Yay! One thing, there is only 1 towel rack, it is positioned on the vanity unit directly in front of sink, which is directly next to the toilet -- that screams germs to me. I would have rather had a rack above the sink for hand/face towels and a rack above toilet for bath towel. Bath towels never dry on the door hooks. Anyway, a picky thing for sure, but the room was just fine for me and was clean.

However, I had a couple issues and it was all based on issues with housekeeping.

1. When I opened my door at check-in, (which was odd numbered, so it is on the WEST side of building) it was HOT in the room. Unfortunately, they had turned the A/C unit completely off! I called front desk and they said that they are SUPPOSED to make sure it is on, especially on the west side rooms. I would recommend calling ahead of your trip and asking for a room on the EAST side of building. This will help with too much sun and possibly some of the noise from highway and airport. GOOD thing was you could put the fan on constant, so it wasn't off and on all night.
2. I had my do not disturb sign on the door. I am not messy and prefer not to have housekeeping every day. After the 2nd nights stay, put sign up, went to work and came back at 5pm only to see the sign removed, the room cleaned and the window drapes wide open. Sounds ridiculous to complain, but this was a problem for two reasons...first, I had the sign up for a reason - don't enter! Second, because they wanted to make the room appear nice (which of course it was with fresh towels and the bed made) they opened the drapes. This of course made my room hot again -- UGH. I called front desk, the apologized and said they'd mention it to the manager.

The exercise room, what can I say? Probably would rather see 2 treadmills and the eliptical machine had something wrong as I could never adjust the resistance low enough. I had to get off it or I would have killed my legs!

I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again. In fact, the only reason I'd research a hotel again is just to make sure that recent reviews correspond with the good experience I recently had.

You'd have to be pretty picky to not be happy here. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an east-side room (even numbers) and middle of hall away from elevators or stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean ,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for all of your feedback. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was in the area for one night and needed to find a decent place to sleep. Seeing that this hotel was on a 5,000 point break for a room and a newer property I thought I would give it a go ahead. Upon entering I noticed that the hotel was extremely clean which is always a plus. Only took about 30 seconds to be greeted and about 2 minutes to check in. Being a Platinum member I was given a coupon for free breakfast and $5 off any purchase at the Sporting News Grill for Dinner. After getting to my room I realized I wasn't upgraded to anything and only got a standard room (not to happy about that, I have always been upgraded). Although the room was very clean it wasn't very big for what i'm used to and turned out to be extremely noisy later into the night. The tv was a flat screen that had a very nice selection of channels but no HD signal...Really? it's 2013.........that should be a given for a standard these days...especially in a newer property. I went down around 12am to use the fitness and business center and noticed it said they were closed at 11 but the doors were still unlocked including the one for the pool....I mean who closes the business center??? After asking the front desk if I was in a dream or that was real she said it was in fact closed and half the time they just don't lock the door....seems confusing to me...... Breakfast was a nightmare..I walked in and no one was in sight for quite sometime. Eventually after I saw another guest walk around the corner I figured out where the buffet actually was and decided to take it upon myself to get food and sit. After sitting down once and going back I finally see someone who works in the breakfast area. She asked me if I wanted any coffee and I said no and proceeded to ask if I could get a mr. pibb to drink and she said it wasn't included in the buffet...while i'm shocked to see I could drink Tropicana orange juice which costs much more to give a guest than soda I just let it be. I then asked if I could get egg whites instead of the eggs that were on the bar and was again told it would be a significant extra charge....since when do hotels do that? most have a station to order EXACTLY what you want! Outside of that the potatoes and fresh fruit was quite tasty. I guess the question is would I return? Probably not....Unless it was the only thing available!I would rather hit a Marriott or something else closer to U of L. If the issues get fixed I would reconsider....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear tyler45150,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with you staff. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been consistently staying at this Holiday Inn every February, for almost 4 years. We stay in the hotel the night before we leave for an extended trip, grab a few drinks, and the free shuttle to the airport is perfect for us. Its affordable ,It is clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff, especially the management, June Speck, are so good to us.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank thetravellingypsy
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Dawn W,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that you stayed with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Louisville. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.