“Great Historical Perspective”
Review of KentuckyShow!

KentuckyShow!
Ranked #11 of 36 Fun & Games in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: KentuckyShow! Is a breathtaking, 30-minute multimedia adventure across time and place featuring the people, sights and sounds of this fascinating state. It's a first-see for visitors and a must-see for Kentuckians. Now showing in the Kentucky Science Center on historic Main Street in Louisville.
Louisville
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Historical Perspective”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great overview of Kentucky: it's history, significance and contributions to modern life. My Old Kentucky Home even brought a tear to our eyes.

1 Thank Mike&Kathi

• Korean first
sc
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very well done”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I enjoyed the movie , but felt it was somewhat disjointed and could have been a little more historical. I think the transitions from every point of the state lacked in reference points on a map and were more into cinemtography than into information. The narration was good and I did recall certain parts of the movie to my friends, so it must have had a subliminal impact. The best part was the convenience to the Galt House that is lcated write out the back door.

1 Thank travelmomSc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An outstanding movie showing the best of Kentucky's culture and traditions to first time tourists and residents.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The KentuckyShow! is an outstanding movie very well narrated showing the best of Kentucky's culture and traditions to first time tourists and residents.
The movie is suitable to all age groups with expectacular digital photographs, and video clips showing the history, music and entertainment, culture, sport events, museums, and much more.
I personally adjusted my time schedule to visit Mohammed Ali Center, The Louisville Bat Museum, Churchill Downs Racetrack, Fourth Street Live and Four Roses Distillery field trip based on the KentuckyShow film documentary.
The hospitality of Ms. Kathy Knotts and her passion for assisting tourists is also acknowledged. With much appreciation,
Benjamín Colucci
Puerto Rico

2 Thank KentuckyShow
Cincinnati, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Last Friday I had the wonderful and eye opening experiencing at the Kentucky Show. That should be everyone’s FIRST STOP when they visit Louisville. It was so interesting and captivating. I can’t thank you enough for allowing us the opportunity to view what my tour guests will be seeing. It was also interesting because of all the other places that I am sending groups to within Kentucky and of course Newport and Covington right across the river from Cincinnati. I now have such a different opinion that I hope my enthusiasm will transfer to the many group tours I create and run.

I can’t thank you enough for your passion and allowing myself and my husband an opportunity to see this VERY well done introduction.

5 Thank snobbytraveler028
Central IL
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I showed, bought a ticket and NO MOVIE!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Kentucky Show is only shown a few times a week. I showed up for the 11am showing on a Saturday. I bought my ticket and waited and waited and waited. No one showed up. Very disappointed and I wasted at least 45 minutes.

Visited April 2013
Kathy K, Manager at KentuckyShow!, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
First, I'd like to thank you for reporting your frustrating episode and I'm very sorry this disappointing experience occurred.

After some investigating, I discovered that The Kentucky Center employee who was scheduled to open KentuckyShow! that day had been in a car accident that morning and was a little shaken up. Thankfully, he's fine and made it in to run the show a bit late, but again, I'm very sorry for your experience.

KentuckyShow! is a separate nonprofit organization that leases space from the Kentucky Center for the Arts and I don't personally staff the theater; ergo, I was unaware of the incident until now. In order to maintain conformity in how all visitors experience The Kentucky Center, the Center management -- whether it's the Ballet, Orchestra, Broadway show, or KentuckyShow! -- staffs all productions in its building.

Your experience is an extremely rare one as The Center management works diligently to ensure the patron experience is top-notch. As a way to hopefully compensate, I am sending you a gift box from KentuckyShow! and invite you to please see the show as my guest if you're ever back in Louisville.

You might have been referred to KentuckyShow! by The Galt House concierge, as she sends hundreds of hotel guests to our show each year. I'll be sure to follow up with her as well and explain the uniqueness of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.

Most sincerely,