“Had a birthday blast!!!”
Review of Improv Louisville - CLOSED

Improv Louisville
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I came to see Rich Guzzi the pyscho hypnotist with some friends for my birthday, and it was definitely a night to remember! Our server was a lof of fun and we never had to wait too long for drinks. We shared a few appetizers which were yummy. The nachos are enormus!!! My friend got the bourbon burger. She let me try it and I was impressed, very good! My friend then somehow got hypnotized and ended up on stage! It was a lot of fun, we will definitly return to see another show!

2  Thank awall1985

Reviewed March 28, 2009

Went to see Kevin Hart perform...I don't know if this is a usual occurrence or only when there are Black performances that will draw a large black audience.
I purchased my tickets online - the system was very user friendly & I am feeling pretty excited!
We arrive at Improv Louisville and get our tickets as we are waiting in line to go in, though I have purchased three tickets and two of us are there, they refuse to seat us. I am a little upset by this; however, the 3rd person is on her way so I not as concerned as I would have been if she would have been running late.
Said friend arrives and we get in line – while in line, I notice there is a sign on a portable stand that says 2 ticket minimum. I ask what this means and they tell me that in addition the tickets I purchased for $20.00 a piece and the separate $2.00 convenience charge per ticket. I also have to purchase either two beverages, two food items or a combination of both.
At this point I am annoyed because there was no mention of this on the website when I purchased the tickets.
We then get sat at this continuous table.
It takes the server Jason forever to great us when he does, one person ask for a virgin drink and then two of us ask for water until we can decide. It took him 9 minutes to get her drink and an additional 12 minutes for us to get water. It then takes an additional 18 minutes for him to come get our food order and don't get me started on how long it took to get the food (the food by the way was awesome!). Jason was one of the worst servers I have ever had the displeasure of being waited on by.
When the check arrives he has the nerve to present a 15% gratuity on all of our checks. I paid cash and based on the poor customer service he provided, I did not pay the included gratuity! He commented on this & I advised him of his poor service and that I was not going to pay it!
When I questioned the gratuity, Jason states that it says that each person will be charged gratuity on the menu. I asked him to go get a menu show me where it says this on the menu.
Needless to say, he never returned with the menu (because he lied) and had another server drop off my two friends remaining credit card slips - which paid the gratuity as part of the charge.
I am curious if this is the normal practice of the Improv Louisville to gratuity all of their customers or if this is the practice when they fill the audience will be heavily populated with African Americans/Blacks,
Needless to say, I will never go there again!

1  Thank Tanya10312000
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Wow what a NYE show with Mike Birbiglia!! I couldn't believe the food was so good. We were very hesitant to by the package for dinner and show because we figured that the comedy club couldn't possibly have food we would like. Boy were we wrong my husband and I ate every last bite of our Surf N Turf the filet melted in my mouth and the shrimp had a some kind of lemon butter sauce on it. I wish I could have dipped some bread in just that sauce is was so good!!

3  Thank villegirljudy