“Have stayed at better in the area for less money.”

Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Each year I go to Louisville on Business and I generally stay in this area because of the ease of highway access and all of the restaurants and some shopping nearby.

I was hoping to be able to write a wonderful review for this hotel because I had heard it was updated.

I stayed in the older section of the hotel - a strip down the one side. I might have enjoyed the newer tower portion of the hotel as it seemed to be closer to everything in the hotel. It was a very long walk to the hotel amenities.

Yes, the bed and pillows were comfortable.

There was downsides to my stay. The air/heat unit was clanky all through the night. The balcony door was tough to lock and close properly. There was a sink drain plug in the light fixture over the sink. When I noticed it I saw just how dirty the fan unit in the bathroom was. There is NO in room safe. The front desk offers to do a lockup at the desk. But, as mentioned earlier, it was a journey to get there. As a matter of fact it would be easier (although less convenient) to get into your car and drive around to the main area of the hotel.

I looked at the menu for the restaurant and room service. Nothing special on there and the prices seemed a little on the high side. On one of my journeys through the old wing of the hotel there were a lot of room service plates in the hallway mostly with untouched food on them.

The noise level in the hotel at night is not good. Every door closure bangs through your room and rattles your door. Anyone walking by and speaking in the hallway sounds so close you wake thinking they are in your room.

I won't return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear J D,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the sink will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Night one of a cross country stay, room was nicely updated, bathroom left little to be desired though. It appears they did a guest room remodel fairly recently but the hotel as a whole felt dated. Dark wood accents, doors etc. Overall not a bad night sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you "Lavabear60" for making the trip from Bend Oregon out to visit Louisville Kentucky. It looks like your stay was a short one, we appreciate your feedback to us and will factor your comments into our future plans. Thanks again and we hope to see you again if returning to Louisville.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a comfortable room with attractive furnishings, it was clean, and best of all, it was quiet, which is the most important thing. The hotel is located in a good area of Louisville with plenty of restaurants and not far from malls, if you like that kind of thing. An important consideration for us is that it has a dry sauna, and we loved being able to use it. We did have problems with the front desk. Our reservation came with breakfast. I arrived with my confirmation number, but not a print-out. The front desk associate argued and argued with me, saying we did not have breakfast. I said, "Just let me print out the email from you which will show we do." Finally, he just gave me vouchers. However, after we requested a morning wake-up call so we wouldn't miss the buffet breakfast, no wake-up call came! The restaurant was very nice and made us a good breakfast, but it took an exceedingly long time, and really wasn't the same as having the buffet choices. So, overall pleased with the most important criteria, but front desk could learn some things about what "hospitality" means. A word of advice: Bring your print-out which states what is included on your specific reservation. You may have to defend yourself!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We appreciate your comments "Jolsenindiana" and making many fair and balanced comments about our hotel. The hotel is truly so convenient to both the airport and downtown and there are many restaurant options within a short walk or drive of the hotel. We will certainly use your comments about your front desk experience to make more positive changes. And as a frequent traveler myself, I always have a copy of my confirmations with me, whether they be for airline, car, or hotel. It can't hurt because while most times you won't need them, once and a while it comes in handy because there may be a discrepancy. Great advice to your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Thank you!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Louisville East Hurstbourne as part of my son's high school track and field trip to Louisville. We got a great group rate, $69, for an excellent room. The front desk personnel were excellent. I couldn't ask for kinder people to assist me after a long 6-7 hour drive. When I got to my room, I noticed there was no refrigerator or microwave. Since I had called the Holiday Inn the day before and asked specifically if the rooms had refrigerators, and was assured they did, I immediately called the front desk. Immediately, and I mean immediately, there was a man at my door to handle the situation. Within 15 minutes I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room. There was a buffet breakfast, but I did not try it so I can't say anything about that one way or the other.
The bottom line, if you are going to Louisville, check out this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you "Glen B" for staying with us in conjunction with your son's group sporting event in Louisville. Since Louisville has become so popular for tournaments, we're seeing many students and parents alike. We're very glad to read you had a great experience and we were prompt in responding to your needs. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. Thank you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A failry nice place that could use somes sprucing up in the lobby and sleeping rooms. The restaurant was fair with decent food. Some nice people working here. If my work took me to this end of town I would consider again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you "Pete Y" for sharing your comments with us and your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I was glad to read that our staff was the highlight of your stay and they are our most valuable asset here. We're glad you'll consider staying with us again for business and will continually work to make our hotel even better in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked a room for two adults.
The bathroom supplies were for one person.
The coffee was also just for one.
We shared wet, and damp towels.
There is no free breakfast .
Vending machines are expensive, and only offered coke and sprite.
We sure wont go back for thunder this year.

Room Tip: My tip is: chose another hotel to get value for your money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

While we always respect our TripAdvisor traveler opinions, for the benefit of your fellow travelers, we do want share some relevant information. The price for a 20oz bottle of Coke out of our vending machine is $1.50, and a Snicker's bar is $1.00. Those are very reasonable retail prices. All Holiday Inn soaps and shampoos are always free, and if you want extra bottles or bars of soap, just dial the front desk and you can have as many as you need delivered to you by our staff. The same applies for Holiday Inn towels, the hotel has ample supplies available, so always just call us and we will deliver as many as you need. And finally, while breakfast is not free for adults at Holiday Inns, ask for the "Best for Breakfast" Rate, which includes breakfast for 2 adults. And don't forget, Kids always Eat Free at Holiday Inns!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed for one night. The hotel is old, my room smelled heavily (smoke) and it did not feel save. This is a scary place and I would really tell you not to book this hotel, especially when you travel alone.

2  Thank Senatorin2011
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We respect your opinion "Senatorin2011". You came quite a distance from Germany to Louisville Kentucky. It appears you stayed in one of our 15 smoking rooms (out of our 271 rooms). The smoking rooms are located in our original 1st floor wing and I am assuming we were sold out during your stay and could not move you. For the benefit of all Trip Advisor travelers, the vast majority of our rooms are non-smoking with the smoking rooms being located in a separate wing. If any guest ever has a question, do not hesitate to call us. David Hirsch General Manager