“Two night stay with Board Meeting”

Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My organization used the Holiday Inn East for a Board Meeting and as host hotel for a workshop at UL Shelby Campus. The Board Members were very happy with the meeting room and food package. The staff that we worked with were very professional and courteous. This hotel was selected after touring other hotels in the area. The location was great, just off of I-64 with many restaurants and stores in the area. It was also convenient to the UL Shelby Campus with less than a five minute drive.

Our rooms were in the tower and were very nice. My room was clean and contained a refrigerator and microwave. The WIFI was fast and was free for guest. My room was very spacious and had a nice sitting area. The lobby area was large with many nice sitting areas. They had a nice free coffee area just off the restaurant. All of the sitting places made it nice for a large group to enjoy social time. We are looking forward to holding our meeting there again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Tower are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for the great comments. We always like hearing great comments as it lifts the spirits of our staff to continue to make all guest happy and they will get great comments in return. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne

Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was a decent hotel. But the front desk is really slow and they make customers to wait for sometime before checkin.
Also, for Priority Club members, they won't give the priority packet unless we ask for. People at front desk needs to be improved a lot when comes to serving the customers.
I like the Winners resturant at this hotel. They are friendly and also facst in their service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear shri s,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the restaurant.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the poor customer service provided by our staff. We will address this point. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I made my reservation, I looked on line at the rooms. On line the rooms looked very nice. However, when I checked in the room was not as nice at it looked on the internet. I was disappointed. I am not sure if I would ever stay at this hotel.

1  Thank Aileen B
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and comments.

Currently undergoing 15+ million dollar renovations and things will look different shortly.

Please stay with us again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while attending the National Quartet Convention. The location was great, the price was quite reasonable, the facility was very clean, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was not just cereal, juice, and coffee. It was a "sit-down" feast with "real" plates and silverware, and a fantastic selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, and pastries. (I could go on and on!) If you are planning a trip to Louisville this hotel can't be beat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Scott R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Wayne,

Thank you for noticing we are a REAL hotel in both our service and amenities.
Please stay again next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I hosted a reunion for her fathers WWII association. . We looked at several hotels before deciding on this one. That was a great decision. I can say nothing bad about the properity, staff , food or service. It was a great reunion in large part due to the hotel and their staff. With a crowd as big as we had and as many activities as we had going on some things are bound to go wrong. We had a few small problems but they were resolved immediately and beyond our expectation. The food at our banquet was wonderful. The servers were top notch. We had a hospitality room set up. It was the perfect setting for our event. The staff kept bring ice without us having to ask. Every special request we had was handled quickly and professionaly. If you are planning an group event in the Louisville area, I strongly recommend you check into Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Rebecca S, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. We work hard to make this a great place to stay and it really helps when guest let us know when we are achieving our goals.
I will definitely share this response with our entire staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

On a quick trip from Lynchburg VA to Linn MO and back we were searching for a place to stop and rest for the night. We took an exit from the Interstate and started looking for anywhere to sleep.

We spotted the Holiday Inn roof sign and headed for it. Not familiar with the area are even sure where we were, we knew the Holiday Inn should be a safe bet.

We were welcomed in by a very nice desk clerk and even though we did not have a reservation we were delighted to find they had three rooms available. Of course we even more delighted to have the rooms for $85.00 each including taxes.

The rooms were nice and fresh. Very clean and all of the usual bath essentials in place. Room was very quiet and comfortable. The pillows were identified as being either firm or soft.

Very good location for fuel, meals and even shopping.

Once again very nice and friendly staff. I would pick this place the next time when passing thru.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments.

I agree that passing through a town you never know what you're going to get.
Just like Mr. Gump and his mommas chocolates.
We were traveling through West VA interstate one night and stopped at a lonely Hampton.
Not so great. Hope to meet in our travels.

Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've never written a negative hotel review but I feel obligated this time. I found this hotel on Expedia for $80/night, so I suppose for the price I paid, it was reasonable.

Positive things: very convenient location just off I-64 in the business area on Hurstbourne Lane. Good selection of nearby restaurants and shopping. Lobby was nice. I didn't eat in the restaurant or use the fitness facility so I can't speak to those. I was simply staying one night for business and had to get up early the next morning. My bed was comfortable, the air/heat unit (while an older-fashioned wall unit instead of a digital display mounted on the wall) was good. There was a mini-fridge in the room. There were vending machines right by the elevators, which is convenient. I had a room on the 3rd floor of the tower.

Negative things: had bugs in the shower (I took a picture) and the faucet dripped continuously at a decent volume. The desk is not really made for computer work so there is a drawer in the middle that gets in the way of your legs. The computer chair was too low, even at its highest setting so it was awkward to try and do much work at the desk. The internet did not work. They wrote the code down on my room key and I tried it several times and couldn't get logged in. They sent someone else (very promptly) and the guy watched me do it once and then asked if it was a work laptop, to which I said yes. He said they have a new internet system and many guests have been having problems with hooking in on work laptops. Something about firewalls. I told him I have used that same laptop at many other hotels and it's never been a problem. He said he understood, but that there was nothing he could do and they already know it's not working. Not acceptable for working travelers. He also said they don't even have the rooms wired for hard line internet, so that's not an option either. There is a full length mirror on the bathroom door, and it was very dirty. It clearly had not been cleaned in a while.

The overall feel of this hotel is old. You can tell things have been grouted, fixed, repaired many times. It was not the absolute worst hotel I've stayed in, but had I been staying a second night I would have switched hotels, if only because of the internet issue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JennyM777
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear JennyM777,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you found our location convenient for your needs. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincerest apology for the room issues you experienced. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Pam G.