“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Newport, Kentucky
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed in Louisville on business and got a room at the Holiday Inn. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean, the hotel very well located, and it was just a hassle free stay. They are even adaptable. The lady at my company making the reservation forgot I am a smoker and that after fourteen hours I do not wish to go out and smoke. They didn't have any free at 9:30p.m. when I got there but they moved me to a room that had a private balcony so I could just step out the door. The lady acted like it was a pleasure to do. Very good staff and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Had nine for Thanksgiving Dinner at the hotel and loved it. As well we had two rooms for three of the nine so all were able to spend the day including a few hours of hot tub and swimming. Everything was great! Ramon at the desk greeted us warmly and was efficiently got us interconnecting rooms. Stephanie at the bar helped us close the evening with big smiles. A great hotel with super staff.

• Stayed November 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here for two nights. My room was a smoking room and I was told that it was the only one available. I am actually afraid that I may have inhaled enough smoke to have lung cancer after staying a few nights (joke but still). The room was old and dingy. The hallways are dark and the doors are very beat up. I have uploaded the pictures that I took of the room. The duvet was filthy (had sticky stuff on it). My phone in the room didn't work eventhough it was plugged into the wall. The staff was nice enough, but I would strongly caution people when staying here. The location is a bit hard to get on and off the freeway from, but that's not the property's fault. This was a typical older HOliday Inn, and I am not sure that I will voluntarily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank southplainsgroup

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Due to a home fire my family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn-Hurstebourne for over a month. Our initial plans were to stay there for a couple of days and move to an extended stay. After only a few days, the staff made us feel so welcomed that we decided to make this hotel our home for the short-term. I can't say enough how friendly, warm, and caring the staff & management were in terms of meeting our needs and making sure we were comfortable.

I would not wish our disaster on anyone but the people at the Holiday Inn made a bad situation a lot more bearable. From the front desk staff, to executive management, to the restaurant staff, to housekeeping, to maintenance, we always were greeted with a warm smile and a positive attitude. The Winner Circle restaurant had an great selection of food and the fact that Kids Eat Free was also a big plus.

The facility was great. Rooms were very comfortable and the convention center is pretty impressive. I was able to use WiFi in my rooms which helped me keep up with work pretty easily while taking care of my printing needs in the business center. The closest thing to a negative I can say is that there were no HD TVs in the room but that is a very minor thing. I likes of channels so I found the channel selection very adequately.

Hotel is conveniently located next to I-64 which makes travel and access very easy. Overall I cannot rave enough about the people. At the end of the day, I judge hotel experiences based more so on the service and atmosphere versus just what a hotel looks like. The Holiday Inn Hurstebourne is a great blend of a great hotel but even greater people.

Room Tip: I liked overlooking the parking lot behind Kroger but I also like having a view of I-64
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Traveling across country I stayed at various hotels along the way. The staff at the HI Hurstbourne were professional and very helpful with all of my needs. From the front desk to the restaurant staff, I was greeted with smiles and helpful service. My room had been recently updated which made for a very enjoyable stay.

I will defintely put this on my places to stay as I travel back across country.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed overnight just passing thru on our way to our destination, but was completely satisfied with room quality for price paid. Did not use any ammenities, but motel appeared to be in good repair, and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael26045
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I were part of a convention here and the rooms were barely average. The hotel seems old and there was a musty smell throughout. The toilet didn't flush every time. We reported this but the front desk personnel just smiled. I don't think they took our complaint seriously. We only got one change of towels and no sheets throughout our stay -- and then I had to call the front desk. There was a large restaurant but the food was terrible. Too bad, too, because many in our group had no vehicle to transport them to nearby restaurants. The hotel is big enough to cater to large groups, but poor housekeeping and the restaurant is preventing them from being a quality hotel... And this is a Holiday Inn? Really?

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms nearest the elevators. Our rooms were far removed from the elevators and weren...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends