“Hospitality Plus!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
1840 Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I needed a room for a single night and luckily the traveler's room was open. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. WI-FI, flat screen TV were in the room. The bathroom was what really floored me. I have stayed in quite a few B&Bs that were historic homes. Many times the lighting in the bathroom is terrible (the same can be said of many commercial hotels). The savvy owners not only put in great over sink and general lighting, there was a magnifying LIGHTED make up mirror. I also like to leave the bathroom light on during the night if I wake up and need to make a trip and AGAIN there was a very savvy choice on the general switch that allowed the overhead light to be dimmed.

Everything was spotless.

The breakfast was everything a Kentucky country breakfast should be. And even with that, the owners accommodated dietary issues of the other guests with delicious alternatives and there was PLENTY of everything, including seconds for those who wanted them.

Steve and Devona were so friendly and gracious I felt as if I were in the home of an extended family member, not someone I had just met. And the dog Sophie is to die for. I want a Sophie!

I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Reesq

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tucker House for five nights in August 2013 for my sister's wedding, which was held on the grounds. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very sad to leave. The house and grounds were enchanting, the breakfasts delicious, and the hospitality world-class.

My family reserved all four rooms for Friday and Saturday during the wedding weekend and I can say that each was thoroughly charming and unique. Each of my sisters and I thought our room was the best! My husband and I stayed in the Traveler’s Room. The bed was very comfortable and there room had a big dresser and generous closet space. With it’s own entrance off the back of the house, the room afforded a little more privacy than the others but the wrap-around deck meant we were only steps from the common room and the other bedrooms.

We could not have asked for more generous hosts – warm, thoughtful, and incredibly understanding during a slightly chaotic wedding weekend. Even though our flight arrived late, Steve was there to greet us, help with our bags, and show us to our room. We met Devona at breakfast the next morning and it was love at first bite!

Every breakfast was a wonderful surprise that included fresh fruit, a different egg dish (omelets, frittatas, scrambles, benedict, etc.), bacon, and some fresh-baked tasty treat (my favorite were the cherry almond scones). Devona also accommodated the different dietary restrictions of our group – gluten free, vegetarian, and religious.

During our stay, Steve and Devona went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed and generally went above and beyond the call of duty to indulge every wedding whim. Devona was even thoughtful enough to ask about my sister’s floral arrangements for the wedding so that she could make sure the house flowers matched. She also tidied the bride and groom’s room during the reception so that the newlyweds would retire to tranquility (rather than the bedlam left by a bride, five attendants, and a flower girl preparing for the ceremony). We could not have asked for better hosts.

If you have the opportunity to stay here you, do indulge yourself. You won’t be sorry.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SWP10STi
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Tucker House for 9 nights due to business in Louisville. Devona & Steve made my trip a wonderfully pleasant experience. My room has clean and well-appointed and the tub was great after a long, exhausting day at work. And the mattress made it rather difficult to get up in the mornings - it was super comfortable. Breakfast each morning was a joy - incredibly delicious and always more than I could eat :) Sophie, their dog, was a great companion during breakfast and made me feel right at home. I will definitely be back when I really do have some time to explore and just relax.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nightowl1963
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed at Tucker house several times. It is a very clean and beautiful B & B decorated in period antiques. Steve and Devona are superb hosts, who make you feel at home the minute you arrive. The breakfasts are delicious and plentiful and they are very accommodating with regards to dietary needs and dining timeframes. They have a beautiful property with an outdor pool! It is always a pleasure to stay here!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCHaering
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This B ad B has a special business traveler rate, and since I had to travel for a teaching job on my birthday last month (I normally stay at the nearest chain hotel when I get tired on the road) I decided to book ahead and give myself a treat. I'm so happy I did...I arrived at dusk at this gorgeous home, was offered a glass of birthday wine, and had a swim in the lovely pool surrounded by fireflies. I stayed in the President's Room--not ensuite but don't let that deter you--the private bath is just two steps outside the door, and features a spa tub. The was very comfortable and intriguingly decorated with antiques (both the furniture and small objects placed about.) There was a sitting room right next door with fridge stocked with juice and soda, microwave and snacks, and past that, a second floor deck with seating looking out over the grounds. Breakfast was great. I only wish I'd had more time to relax and walk around the grounds before having to leave.

Later on the day I left, I could not find my credit card and called to see if I'd left it at the B and B. The owner was extremely helpful and went outside to search the ground where I had parked in case I had dropped it outside. (I did find the card later on the floor of my car.)

I will definitely be back to this B and B next time I am passing through Louisville.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank reba54
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a well located, antique filled, very comfortable B & B with very accommodating and friendly hosts. The pool was great for a swim after a long day of touring. Breakfast on the flower laden, elevated wooden patio was really pleasant and also delicious. Our bathroom had a jacuzzi to two!
Our room had privacy and a good bed. It is 20 minutes to downtown Louisville yet quiet and private.

Room Tip: Our room had a jacuzzi tub for two.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zundel35
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This charming bed and breakfast could be right out of the pages of Early American Life with warm and cozy antiques and wonderful reproductions. Add that to the incredible breakfast and you have an experience worth repeating over and over again. The restoration work that they have done is alone a lesson in how to do it right. Loved the painted floors and hidden appliances in the marvelous kitchen. Upon arrival, we sat in the sunroom and were treated to some typical Kentucky recipe hor dourves, each one with a story as to its background. Same with breakfast..... Truly a delightful experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends