“Had a wonderful time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
1840 Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
fayetteville nc
“Had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were in Louisville celebrating our anniversary and we chose the Tucker House to stay based on the reviews we found here. It was worth it. We chose the Romantic Retreat and so we had 2 rooms. The innkeepers were great and our breakfast was excellent. This is a great place if you want to get away from the usual hotel stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abnpop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Boy, do these people know how to please!!! The place is beautiful and the food is delicious!
We stayed here in the Courting Room and it was fantastic. This is our second time staying here and both times have been fantastic...I've given this a 5 rating, but would give it a "10" if I could...Don't stay in Louisville w/out staying at the Tucker House....

Room Tip: Make sure to make your reservations in advance because they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Haysi, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A wonderful experience! My husband and I felt more like family than guests! I never felt "watched" over or that I could not explore the home and ask questions. They helped us find some great antique stores too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Tucker House in September and found it to be charming and very reasonably priced. It is in a good area of Louisville and in a beautiful natural setting but close to everything you need. The innkeepers were very friendly and their hospitality was second to none.
We plan to stay at the Tucker House again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The best B&B we have ever stayed at. The House is magnificantly furnished with lots of period antiques. It is beautifully restored. The Breakfasts were out of this world . We stayed 4 days, the first morning breakfast was superb, They just kept getting better each morning. We love it ,we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jim p
Louisville, ky
Reviewed September 14, 2012

There is no place like home..except maybe 1840 Tucker House. We have spent the last three days there just basking in great hospitality and luxurious details. We had just returned from a couple of days at the beach and frankly I wish we had spent the whole week here. From the soft plush wonderful smeling towels..the the BEST gluten free cooking I have been blessed to eat. not one detail was overloooked. Leaving was sooooo difficult... I feel completely Spoiled. Cannot wait to find an excuse to return. Love to Sophie...

Shirley and Rick
Louisville, Ky

Room Tip: Go here... you will not be sorry!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at the 1840 Tucker House B+B this past May by myself. I was travelling to Louisville to visit my mother who was in a rehab center in East Louisville. I love staying in B+B’s with my husband so I decided to venture a stay while travelling solo. I am very glad that I did. The house itself is absolutely lovely and one that I would dream to live in one day. I prefer older homes with unique charm and this one delivered. The room that I was in was the Presidents room. It was nicely appointed and I kid you not when I say that I laid my head down that night and do not remember anything until the next morning when my phone alarm woke me up. The bed was soooo comfy. Firm with a touch of softness. The room had a closet with robes hanging in it which was a nice touch. The room itself was like a museum with lots of past president photos and historical mementos. The only downside to this room, something that I would have loved to know if advance since I was travelling alone, was that the room did not have an en suite bathroom. And then, it wasn’t explained to me whether or not the bathroom next to it, was private and only for the one room or if it was shared. It made me rather paranoid.

The living area was a nice sunroom that overlooked a beautifully vibrant garden. My mother was able to come visit me from the rehab center and we sat in the sunroom admiring the view. Something we would not have enjoyed had I been in a hotel.

The breakfast the next morning was great. Chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The juice was freshly squeezed and deliciously tart. They have a gorgeous dog who was extremely friendly and beautiful to look at. She was big dog though  . Most B+B owners have pets of some kind so if you have an aversion to animals in the home then be warned.

The owners were very hospitable and offered to allow me to bring my mother back to the house to sit again in the sunroom and porch even after I checked out. They would allow me to do this even though they weren’t planning on being there. We never did come back but it was a nice invitation to make. I enjoyed my stay and really hope that soon my husband and I can return together.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an en suite bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo