“The Perfect Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
1840 Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My fiance and I stumbled upon the Tucker House during an impromptu trip to Louisville. But we will no doubt deliberately come back to the Tucker House in the near future. The house is a beautifully restored old mansion, and we were able to get a room with our own private entrance. Typically late risers, we eagerly awoke earlier than usual to have the phenomenal breakfast provided each morning. We will happily be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the Traveler's Room. We loved it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Tucker House is the perfect place for a romantic get-away. The rooms are comfortable with all the ameneties you would need. The game room is stocked with snacks, drinks, books, and games and has views of the lovely garden. It exits to a deck where you can eat or relax, when the weather is nice. The wooded area is ideal for exploring, if you like outside adventure. The breakfast was superb. The inkeepers are welcoming and treat you like friends.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different rooms and liked both. If you want a great bath then pick the Courti...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AL_APLouisville
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Took a weekend getaway to Louisville and stayed at the Tucker house. It was very relaxing, clean and comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Travellers room and it has a great view of the back yard and a little private sitti...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob_Decatur_12
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I came back to Louisville to visit a friend and I selected 1840 Tucker because it was close to my friends house. After staying there for 4 nights I couldn't have selected a better place. It actually became my home for 4-1/2 days. The breakfasts were by far the best in town and the setting was perfect. With only 4 rooms to rent it wasn't crowded and the care that the owners gave me was second to none. I highly recommend this B & B to anyone in town or just passing through.

Room Tip: I only saw my room, Elizabeth's Chamber and it was large and perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Tucker House more than once and each time we have found everything top knotch - relaxing, clean and comfortable. We have stayed in two different rooms and both were excellent. The innkeepers truly enjoy what they do. Food is delicious - always fresh and something a little different from last visit. Beds are super comfortable. House is quiet. The decor will you back in time. Grounds are lovely. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a "bad" room here -- each is a little different but all excepti...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carole S
Reviewed January 6, 2012

From the moment I made reservations over the phone to the time we checked out our experience was absolutely relaxing, comfortable, memorable and yummy. I found this gem by luck on the internet. Absolutely perfect. The location was far enough from busy business strip but close enough to get to places quick. We stayed Dec. 16th 2011. The B&B was decorated so beautifully for the holiday season. We stayed in the Traveler's room, while our family stayed in the President's Chamber. We received a phone call confirming our arrival time earlier that day. Upon our arrival we were personally greeted by Devona & Steve Porter. They made us feel right at home quickly. After checking any restrictions and requests for breakfast, Mr. Porter took the time to show us the B&B. WOW. Our rooms were perfect. Each room included a mini frig with my favorite beverage, Coke. Both rooms had bathrobes, which were soft and wonderful. The beds had outstanding mattresses with warm beautiful quilts. Everything was so clean. The bathrooms were also clean and had all the personal necessities. Breakfast was servered at exactly what time we had requested. YUMMY YUMMY. Fresh coffee/tea and a fruit and yogurt cup got us started. We then had pumpkin waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. Those waffles had us asking for seconds, which we got. There was plenty of delicious food for everyone. Oh did I mention the wonderful plate of baked goods available for us upon arrival? Well, yummy also. The B&B was so beautiful. The antique furniture fits every room. Each and every room was so amazing. Of course it was winter but the grounds were also kept up and wonderful.The view from our room and the sun room were relaxing. To sum this all up, WOW. Never again will we stay in a hotel when visiting Lousiville. Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Porter for making our stay memorable and perfect. Love Tucker and Sophia also.

Room Tip: No place like home.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rescueagreyhound
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We loved Tucker House B & B. The hosts were warm and welcoming, the guest rooms and beds comfy, and all the little but important details taken care of (robes in the closet, coffee ready in the morning, mints on the pillows). The house was also spotlessly clean and charmingly decorated. Breakfast,of course, was wonderful! I would highly recommend this
B & B.

Room Tip: I saw only two of the rooms, but both were large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple