“Can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
The Samuel Culbertson Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2004

I spent a fabulous week during June,2004 at the Samuel Culbertson Mansion in the Knights of Kentucky Suite. Because I travel a lot, I'm a very picky guest but I couldn't have been more satisfied. The decor is gorgeous, with high quality antiques throughout; it's quiet,comfortable, immaculate; and the charming innkeeper, Rudy, makes sure all your needs are taken care of. The atmosphere is the perfect balance of feeling like a guest in Rudy's very grand home and having total privacy. I was visiting Louisville for my high school reunion so I was in town primarily to hang out with old friends. Since the room has a large, beautiful parlor and a kitchen stocked with cocktail, champagne and wine glasses, it was a terrific setting for having a few guests over for cocktails in the evening. I've stayed at the other luxury hotels in town but this is my favorite.

• Stayed June 2004
8 Thank pirk1146

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2004

My husband surprised me with a night here for my 49th birthday. A real surprise! We stayed in the Knights of Kentucky Suite, which is their most expensive and deluxe room. It has two rooms- an enormous parlor with an antique grand piano and fireplace as well as a spacious bedroom with fireplace and canopy bed. It also has a kitchenette and high speed internet! The owner/proprietor is a lovely gentleman. He made us eggs to order (perfectly) biscuits, fresh fruit and sausage. We checked out the entire home, including the very funky/fun rathskeller below. All the rooms were beautiful and well-appointed.There is a lovely courtyard and rose garden in the back- a perfect place for a morning coffee or a happy hour wine. This B&B is on one of old Louisville's most beautiful streets- lined with trees and old Victorian homes, it's also close to Central Park. A great area to walk! There are several excellent restaurants in walking distance. We enjoyed learning the history of this splendid place- if you love history and antiques, you cannot do better in this city.You could spend all day enjoying all the art and artifacts here. There was also a collection of videos, books and magazines available for guests. The huge rooms, spacious halls and luxurious decor will make you feel like royalty here. I do believe there may be a ghost here...though it appears to be friendly. I highly recommend this wonderful place!

9 Thank LLindaC
Oaklyn NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2003

Last April, I stayed at the Culbertson Bed and Breakfast for 5 nights, while attending a convention downtown. it was the week after the derby, so for some nights i was the only guest. It is truly a mansion, filled with beautiful antiques. It was $100 a night for my room, which while not as luxorious as some of the others, was one of the best I've ever been in. Everything was beautiful and comfortable. I had a chaise chair in my room, which led to many hours of relaxed reading in front of the fireplace. There was even a chandelier in the walk-in closet, which I thought was a hoot. Because I was the only guest at most breakfasts, the owner would whip up extra biscuits and gravy and ham and eggs, and we'd sit for over an hour while he shared tales of local gossip and past guests( unnamed, of course). I was sad when my trip ended and I had to leave, but if I go to Louisville again, there is no question about where I'll be staying.Very highly recommended, although not for children.

• Stayed April 2003