“Great little room for the price with a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Downtown

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #49 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Elma, New York
“Great little room for the price with a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice room. Parking is five dollars a day. Room was clean. A little small but not crazy tiny. Nice view of the city. We heard no traffic noise on the Monday night we were there. Breakfast was blah but it's included and you can find
something. Service was a bit slow but it was fine. I would stay again and recommend it since it was so affordable and in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. It's guest like you that make our jobs so fun! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I do not travel a lot, but my stay at Econolodge in Louisville made me write review about my stay. Wonderful staff, great location and clean rooms. Rooms are small but clean and not fancy but have everything what you need for your stay. Also the rates are best in downtown compering other hotels in downtown. Since I don't travel a lot, all I look for clean and comfortable rooms and this Econolodge has everything you need! Micro and fridge in rooms are bonus. Free Wi-fi worked great. They charge $5 for parking, but when I was searching around, I show that other hotels in the are charge from $9 to $22 per day. So, very comparative for parking as well. fourth street live is only two blocks away which is a main entertainment street. Staff answered all my questions and gave me good recommendation for restaurant. The water front park is few blocks away which is a great area for morning walk. I can go on and on, but if you are looking for clean and comfortable rooms with very reasonable price, this is the hotel!!! Great Job staff!!!

Room Tip: try to get rooms facing liberty street but not above the lobby
    • 5 of 5 stars
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to provide each guest with a great experience and thank you for letting us know you had one. We look forward to earning your business again in the future!
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Arrived on Thursay, June 19, 2014, without a reservation. Asked for two nights and was told that since there was no discount for two nights, we should pay for one and if we decided to stay a second night, we could come down to the front desk and pay for it the next morning. At 7:30 the next morning when I tried to pay for a second night, I was told the hotel was sold out and to check out by 11:00am. The manager spoke to me like I was an idiot when I explained what I was told, pretty much saying "too bad!". Another customer behind me experienced the same thing and he, too, was told the same thing by the manager. I called a reputable, "much more expensive" hotel in the area, and explained the situation and we were given a king suite for Friday AND Saturday night at such an unbelievable rate! I turned my key in to the Econo Lodge manager and told him that this must have been a blessing in disguise. At the better hotel, we didn't have to walk passed what I swear was a hooker and her john. Nor, did we have to hear the pizza shop employees partying in the hotel lot all night. At the better hotel, we had an ice machine on our floor that worked and our suite was not hot and stuffy, like at the Econo Lodge. I won't make the mistake of choosing this hotel again!

1 Thank swizzlestick68
Thank you for taking the time out to share your observations regarding your stay, I deeply apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel, We take pride on having very high guest satisfaction scores, I am disappointed you did not receive this level of service. In our general practice, we do make sure to provide information for 2nd day availability when guests ask for possibly extending stay for 2nd night. We will take your experience for training purpose and will make sure that won't happen to any other guest in the future. Please give us another chance to remedy your stay with us!

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We picked here because it was downtown, and in walking distance of most of the night life. Thankfully only stayed one night.
The guy at check in was rude, and unhelpful. Told us our room was "over there" and just pointed at a general direction that was actually the wrong side of the building.
The room was pretty small. It was clean, but had a really musty smell lingering. Almost like mold or something. Also, our room was facing the road, and we could hear every car that went by. Luckily I'm a heavy sleeper, so it wasn't too bad once I got top sleep, but it did take me a lot longer than normal.
The breakfast was terrible. The bagels and muffins were stale...

I know it's the econo lodge and I didn't have too high of expectations for it, but this was ridiculous. I would suggest paying a little more money and staying somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our goal here at Econo Lodge downtown is to always serve our guests. I would like to personally apologize to you for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations in that area. We have taken your feedback to heart and I have reviewed your comments with each of my staff members to ensure this does not happen again in the future. It is our hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for your time.

Best Regards,

Pete Patel
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent 2 nights here on business: convenient to work at medical center. Room was clean, the rate was good and the staff welcoming. Breakfast included that was adequate; I was taken back a little that they charge for parking, however.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will come back soon.
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Really nice hotel in a great location. Friendly helpful guy on check in. Room was really clean, with almost everything you need. Bed comfy. Good price. great wifi. Location is perfect for downtown, we actually walked everywhere, down to the river saw the paddle steamers, had lunch in Joes crab shack which was right on the front and lovely food. Walked back around to the stadium. Went to 4th street in the evening. Great place and so easy to walk around and friendly. Would use Econo again if ever we come back. Only downside - we were on a road trip and only two out of eighteen motels had no coffee/ tea maker in room, this was one, we had stayed in a few Econo lodges elsewhere and all had coffee makers.

Room Tip: I would guess all rooms would be good
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. We here at Econo Lodge Downtown, Louisville, KY strive for excellence when it comes to guest services and we are so happy to hear that everything worked out great during your stay! We hope you have us in mind for your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert on 4th Street. It was a great value, easy to get to from the interstate, a short walk to the venue, nice room with a mini fridge and microwave. We weren't aware of the $5 charge for parking but gladly paid it so that we didn't have to worry about street parking. When we woke up in the morning we were surprised to see the road crew for the artist we saw the night before at breakfast, and the artist's tour bus parked in front! The room had a couple of burn marks on the carpet, but otherwise was very clean and tidy. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ajay0876
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Downtown! We always enjoy hearing from our guests. We strive to provide the best amenities and guest service in the industry for economy hotel. Hearing from you, that we met that goal just made our day! We look forward to seeing you again soon!