Econo Lodge Downtown
$118
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$143
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$147
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$181
$159
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$118
$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$95
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Breckinridge Inn(Louisville)
$79
$77
$90
$68
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$72
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
$161
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

All reviewspapa john's pizzaroom was cleangreat locationwithin walking distancetwo blocksironing boardyum centerblow dryerbudget hotelyogurtlouisville slugger museumfourth street livesafe areawould stay here againnice stayfront desk stafffridge
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The first room we checked into had stains on the sheet and had a musty smell. The second room the electrical outlet behind would spark when we move any of the cords. Finally, the third room worked. Hard to find a room for the weekend stay so it worked, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Antioch,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and I sincerely apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping related issues you encountered in your room. Our staff typically does a great job in providing a clean room. I will follow up with them on your comments from this visit. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. I'm sure that you would find that this last visit is not typical of our normal performance.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at Econo Lodge Downtown for two nights. I was traveling for business. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Louisville was very busy when I was there, and the front desk did a good job of keeping the check in/checkout line moving.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, you will need to ask for a room on the first floor. There are elevators available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 376leahb
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Leah,

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. We are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable during busy days. Please let us know there is anything we can do better to make your & our guests stay better. Should your travel plans bring you Louisville, please stay with us again!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

If you're looking for luxury or even a good nights sleep then this probably isn't the hotel for you. Yes it has a great price especially compared to the other hotels in the area. It also has a great location within walking distance to 4th Street Live and many other local attractions. However, the rooms are musty smelling. It was actually pretty gross. The rooms are very basic, which we expected. The bed was not very comfortable. The worst part about the hotel was the parking lot. There's signs everywhere about parking at your own risk. It made it seem like they have had issues with damaged and stolen vehicles in the past. We made sure to park our car right under the lamp post and in perfect sight on the security camera (you can see the various areas in the security cams in the lobby) just in case something were to happen to our car. I got the feeling that it wasn't a very safe place to stay. Overall, we loved the location because we were so close to the nightlife, but in the future we will likely stay at another hotel despite the higher cost just so that we aren't worried about our safety or the potential of our vehicle being stolen or damaged.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tomichekn
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Tomichekn,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay with us and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. For your concerns for the safety and security of the hotel, we never had any incident of car broken or stolen in past 7 years I have been as a General Manager. The sign you show is a requirement of the insurance company that my company carry. Also you will be glad to know that we are changing our beds and bedding end this year as it will be a part of our renovation. I made a note of musty smell in room and please be assure that problem will be taken care of so all my future guests won't have that problem in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and please stay with us again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the downtown Econo Lodge on March 7, 2014. Excellent location as we were going to the YUM Center to see a concert. It was only about a 5 minute walk from the motel and to 4th Street Live. The motel was dated but very clean. Motel staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. This motel met all our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sas11560
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Sas11560,

Thank you so much for the great review for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the location and comfort and cleanliness of the room. Please visit us again!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The city was booked solid so I reluctantly booked here. I had low expectations after a frustrating booking process, but I was determined to make it work because I had to attend a Convention.

I checked out after ten minutes. The room was putrid with stale tobacco smell, the bed linen was discoloured and the blanket was 1970's style with cigarette burns, you get the picture.

I am a reformed smoker, and could not have stayed in that room even when I was a smoker.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mickthered,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your visit. I looked into your reservation and found out that you had a smoking room reserved as we were super busy. I took a note about your concerns and will discuss to my staff for improvement. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you had!