“A Place to revisit!”

Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Mississauga, Canada
“A Place to revisit!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is as good as it gets for this category of motel. Personnel are accommadating and pleasant. Rooms are clean and exterior is well kept. Restaurants and entertainment areas is only a short walk. I visit Louisville at least twice a year and I will be returning here for all my future stays!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that everything worked out for you including location of the hotel. Looking forward to your next trip to Louisville.

Pete Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our third stay at econolodge downtown. It is pretty much the perfect spot to base yourself for Louisville. It's two blocks from 4th street live entertainment precinct and the visitors centre. Also within walking distance, (cab, bus or free trolley) to so many great bars and restaurants. It is motel style accommodations but it is clean and spacious. We had a king size bed, with a small bathroom, fridge, cupboard and a table. Totally recommend this hotel for those on a budget who still want to stay in downtown Louisville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LilithMorgan13
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks a ton for the great review and we the Econo Lodge Team appreciate your business all the time. I am glad that you find simple, comfortable and clean and inexpensive room in Louisville Downtown. Looking forward to see you again!...

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Everything exceeded my expectations. Service was excellent. Pete was extremely helpful. Room was very clean. Only the internet was kind of slow and sometimes cuts you off. Excellent value. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2013
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review regarding your recent stay with us and I would like to personally thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Downtown during your stay in Louisville, KY! I was very pleased to know that your overall experience exceeded your expectations, and that our staff was able to make your stay memorable. Please come see us again when you're in the area!

Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in Louisville as a stop over and not really knowing what this city had to offer. Were we surprised! This hotel is two blocks from 4th street. This is a must for night life. There are many places to eat and drink, very safe with a great atmosphere. The hotel is clean and looks as if they had done some renovations to the place. A couple of blocks to the north of the hotel is a visitors centre and they have everything you need to know about this fantastic city. After staying in Louisville I read in a magazine that it is one of the top places in the US to visit, so true. I would stay here again and it is priced right.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room, you can park right out side your room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review and thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and clean and comfortable room. Please come see us again when you're in the area!

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you just need a place to sleep on the cheap, this will work. It is not exactly a nice place, room was on first floor near stairs so we mostly had the curtains shut, otherwise everyone would walk by and look in. It was nice to have the fridge in the room. The bathroom could use a good deep cleaning.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tami R
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel for your recent stay. I am glad that you liked aminities we have in rooms. I made a note about deep cleaning of bathrooms and once again I thank you for bringing this issue to us. Please come see us again when you're in the area!

stockport
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days 15/19th Aug. My wife and l loved this friendly ,clean,well located lodge will definitely rebook there and l highly recommend anyone looking for a city centre location and working on a budget to follow suit.

Room Tip: We had a king room ,cant fault it, great value.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for the great review and thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again when you're in the area!

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at Econo Lodge in Downtown Louisville, Kentucky. I was a little wary when I booked, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located just a few short blocks from the 4th street eateries, so it was easy to dine at a number of wonderful restaurants. Also, for those who like eating in their rooms, there's a gas station food mart just across the street. But more than anything, it was the pleasant and helpful disposition of the hotel staff that really won me over. They responded with eagerness to every single request I made. If I go back to Louisville, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review and thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the location and our friendly staff. Please come see us again when you're in the area!