“Pleasantly surprised”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days 15/19th Aug. My wife and l loved this friendly ,clean,well located lodge will definitely rebook there and l highly recommend anyone looking for a city centre location and working on a budget to follow suit.

Room Tip: We had a king room ,cant fault it, great value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for the great review and thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again when you're in the area!

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Downtown

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at Econo Lodge in Downtown Louisville, Kentucky. I was a little wary when I booked, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located just a few short blocks from the 4th street eateries, so it was easy to dine at a number of wonderful restaurants. Also, for those who like eating in their rooms, there's a gas station food mart just across the street. But more than anything, it was the pleasant and helpful disposition of the hotel staff that really won me over. They responded with eagerness to every single request I made. If I go back to Louisville, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for the great review and thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the location and our friendly staff. Please come see us again when you're in the area!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been using this hotel for at least 10 years and have watched it go through many changes.its new metamorphosis is the best yet the hotels been given a facelift inside and out it's cleaner and has a few more amenities.its kinda like an old friend who went to rehab ,you can tell it has had a past but now it looks like it has a future .great location for Louisville& still a reasonable price glad to see it doing so well. reasonable room for reasonable price

• Stayed: August 2013
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for providing feedback from your recent visit to our hotel and we appreciate for your business for last 10 years. I am glad that you see the changes we are doing every year to keep it up. We will continue our effort to make every guest stay enjoyable with the very reasonable price in the downtown area. Once again, your business is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

GREAT EXPERIENCE
Front desk was great! The price and parking were also wonderful. It is downtown and close to everything! So glad we stayed here. Forgot to mention the friendly staff. Great experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for providing feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. I'm glad that the staff provided you with friendly and personalized service and you liked the location. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son and I had to come to the National Acrobatic Competition to the city and stay there for a week. The competition schedule was from the early morning to the late evening. So early complementary breakfast and fridge in the room were exactly what I was looking for. Free Wi-Fi was a big bonus too. Plus it was clean, quiet and very comfortable. Also there is a river and a green park to have a nice outdoor rest in 5 min walk from the hotel. And a lot of different restaurants around for all tastes. People were nice and I didn't have any problem. My friends have had fridge problem - it was fixed immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable, clean and enjoyed our breakfast. I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel as much as we love. Thank you again, and I hope that you choose to stay with us should your travels ever bring you to the Louisville area in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay in Louisville. We were in town to see the Eagles concert and did some other things as well. The location was perfect! We were within walking distance of everything we did. .....The KFC YUM! Center, Louisville Slugger Museum, 4th Street Live. There were many places to eat within walking distance, including a Papa John's Pizza at the hotel. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again if in Louisville.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pete P, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you. I'll share your feedback with our staff and we all look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Now I expected a dive hotel but this was a bit more than expected.

First thing you notice is they took a portion of the building and added a pizza parlor. Because of this there is not enough parking, and if you are there on a weekend you may have to park across the street. The problem with this is they haven't repaired the side walk you park on ever. So if you have a low clearance car (like my 2006 Civic) then you have a good chance of damaging it trying to get over the curb. On top of all this they started charging $5 A DAY FOR PARKING!

Once you go to check in, you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good Front Desk agent. The one I had the forst time was quite and didn't seem to have any noticeable personality (although in his defense everyone was rather aggravated by the parking situation). When I went to check out the front desk person was a lot more personable.

The rooms are surprisingly decent given everything I had seen to this point. Nice frige that works and fairly good amount of room. Then you start looking at things a little more closely. We stayed with some friends so we wanting to take advantage of the connecting room. However, the brilliant owners of the hotel got furniture that was too big for the room. So we had to semi block the door to get into the other room. Another thing we noticed was that the air conditioners were different in each room. Ours worked great, theirs was not nearly as powerful and kept the room noticeably warmer.

Finally the bed sheets feel like cardboard and the pillows were a sad excuse for pillows.

The synopsis of this review, if you can find a good deal on another hotel in the area go for it. Otherwise make sure you bring an SUV cause you might need to go over a 6in curb.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the parking related issues you encountered during your recent stay.
- Yes, we do have Papa John's in the corner of the building but since we own the building, our guests can always use their parking spot and when we are full house we normally inform guests that they are absolutely okay to use papa john's parking.
- I took a note about front desk agent's personality for the training purpose.
- Also your comment about the furniture, we have to fulfill the franchise requirement, but I understand your concerns about opening door which is normally no problem even with current furniture size in the room. We will make sure that furniture is in proper arrangement that won't create any problem opening door.
- I hope that if your travels take you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. I'm sure that you would find that this last visit is not typical of our normal performance.