“absolutely great!”

Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
columbus ohio
“absolutely great!”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The rooms were so clean and everything looked new! Pool and whirlpool were really nice- didn't use the gym but it looked great, too. Beds were super cushy. Complimentary breakfast with biscuits and gravy and waffles- yum. Great customer service by Cece at the desk- we had one night where they forgot to put sheets on our bed and she graciously comped us that night. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed at this property for 5 nights while attending the National Quartet Convention. The hotel is only a short 8 to 10 minute drive to the KY Convention Center, easy exit and entry to the interstate, the convention center and the hotel. The room was very clean, the housekeeping staff kept it that way, it was quiet, the beds were a bit soft or mushy for my taste but we did get a good nights sleep for 5 nights. Parking is convenient, well lighted. They just changed the contols to the air condtitioning and heating systems and they were not working at 100% but the room was comfortable temperature wise. The thru the wall unit was a bit noisy but not as bad as some I have seen.

The breakfast which was included with the meal was adequate, the breakfast room was a bit small, the lady who took care of stocking the food was on the ball and kept things neat, clean and well stocked.

The front desk personnel were friendly, helpful and were quick to give directions or other help. All in all, a good stay, we would stay here again, the room was $40 to $50 less expensive than some other nearby hotels. I was pleased.

The property does not allow pets which is one of the reason we selected this hotel, we are both allergic to pet hair and dandruff, fleas etc. It is getting harder for those of us who would prefer a property that does not allow pets to find such places.Many times you really have to press the hotel to make sure they dont make exceptions.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Athens, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was for only one night, but, we were pleasantly surprised at the size and how comfortable and clean the room was. Close to highways and walkable to local restuarants. Indoor pool with the heatwave was relaxing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on July 13 and 14 for a trip to the Louisville Zoo and Science Center. When you walk in it just smells clean and as you look around you notice that everything really is clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with lots of choices... gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereals, muffins, pastries, eggs, fruit, orange and apple juice, milk, water, coffee. Anytime we were in the pool/hot tub/sauna area we were the only ones there and it was very clean. We found a coupon in Room Savers for $59 a night which is a GREAT deal for what you get. We loved our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Oxford, MI
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My stay at the Comfort Inn in Louisville KY was excellent. I went with my significant other and we met friends who had another room there. The hotel is quite new, very clean, and well maintained. The breakfast was good and the morning paper always available. The pool, jacuzzi, and sauna were very nice and clean. The mattresses were comfortable, the rooms were large, and I slept extremely well. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and informative. We had a problem with the shower in our room so we were upgraded to another room and everything was handled quickly and professionally. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MItraveler2010
Kentucky
Reviewed March 4, 2010

First of all...WONDERFUL HOTEL.

I travel long distances to get to school in Louisville and desided I would stay at the Comfort Inn to save me some travel time. I was impressed with this hotel. The service was great. Very friendly and helpful.

My room was very clean, bed was very comfortable, Breakfast was great. (FREE). Breakfast wasnt suppose to start untill around 6am but the friendly women at the front desk set up breakfast earlier so that I could enjoy it. ( I had to leave at 5:30 am )

Indoor pool and hottub was great. Open untill 10:00. Very clean. I like how you have to have a room key to get into the pool area. Made me feel safe.

Overall I am very happy with this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
S.W. MO
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I chose to book this hotel based on the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor. I needed three rooms for a small group of cheerleaders and their families that came to Louisville for a weekend competition. We stayed two nights. The rooms were very nice. They were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, and even though it was a bit small, it was more than adequate for our needs. At one point there were four teenaged girls doing makeup, hair and getting dressed for competition so we had enough room for that. My only concern about the room itself was that an air freshener had been sprayed and I am sensitive to chemical scents. (In the future I will call ahead to any hotels I stay in and request that not be done) I mentioned this to the night desk clerk and she noted to not have it sprayed the next day.

That evening and the second evening the cheerleaders swam and had a great time. The pool was smallish but very clean and well kept. Deffinately very nice for the price we paid for our rooms! There was a whirlpool and a sauna as well. The kids enjoyed themselves very much.

The night desk clerk, Shannon, was a peach! We had a difficult situation with one of our group and Shannon was very helpful and kind. We even accidentally left our trophey in the lobby the next day and she made sure to keep it behind the desk, nice and safe for us until we came back. I did feel bad for her because it was a very busy Saturday night and she was by herself, but she was always very gracious and curtious.

The young man that was working the desk on the Sunday we pulled out to go home, could learn a lot from Shannon. He did have to man the breakfast area by himself along with the front desk check-outs, but the general consensus was that he was not willing to go to any effort beyond the minimum for anyone in our group.

The manager was very helpful. I saw all over the place, genuinely involved in the goings on of the hotel. He helped us find a good map for area attractions and was very kind as well.

The breakfast area was nicer than I expected. I was impressed by the different things one could eat from just the one, long food bar. There was cereal, oatmeal. pastries, bagles and cream cheese, fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles and syrup, coffee, tea and juice. All kept stocked and spotlessly clean. The room this was served in was nice sized and had a TV in it.

All in all I enjoyed my stay there and was very pleased with the service. We were warned that the neighborhood we were in was not the nicest in the area, but we didn't have any trouble at all. If I come back to Louisville, I will certainly stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business