“Super Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Super Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

What a gem! The staff was so nice from Cici behind the desk upon arrival to the Breakfast Staff, the overnight staff and the morning staff. The hotel is like brand new. Everything worked. A microfridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and locksafe in the room. Free wifi and an indoor pool. The free breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausages, gravy and biscuits, hot waffles, as well as the usual breakfast cereals and baked goods and fruit. Indoor corridors with 24/7 staffing at the desk. Right off the interstate. With the coupon the price was amazing. Use the coupon book and call ahead to see if a room is available. The call ahead price is the same as the coupon book price. I played poker at the Horseshoe casino and it took me about 25 minutes to get there. This place is a keeper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Been on a road trip and was ready for a rest! The person at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The big thing for me is that I'd requested a handicap accessible room and this one truly was accessible. The place we'd stayed at the night before didn't meet the standards. This one is complete with roll-in shower. in-floor drain, shower seat (removable) and rails all around the shower stall.

We wanted an early start so we hit the breakfast bar. Good selection of foods. The banana I had was fresh and just at the right stage of freshness. Eggs were good and properly done.

Location is excellent with other various food options in the area.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ducky1776
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here with a friend one night on a long road trip. We arrived just after touring Churchill Downs, great tour, but the weather was HOT. The clerk at check-in was so friendly and helpful. She had us smiling and chatting with her as if we were old friends. It was refreshing to find such a happy friendly person. Later, we managed to lock both key cards inside the room and she solved the problem in an instant and seemed happy to do it.

We requested a handicapped-accessible room. On this 9-night trip, this was the only hotel that had a completely handicapped-accessible room, complete with roll-in shower, bars by the toilet, roll-under counter, towels at a reachable level, flashing lights for the deaf on the fire alarms, etc. There were so many aspects designed for handicapped accessibility that I lost count.

The free breakfast was actually quite good! I am usually never impressed with the free breakfast at any of the Choice Hotel brand property, but this was the exception. There was real link sausage, real eggs, decent pastries, fruit at the perfect stage of ripeness, and a selection of other foods that I didn't try, but looked quite good, too. The breakfast area was clean and tidy. The breakfast attendant was diligent in keeping the food supplied and the tables and serving counter clean.

Traffic was heavy on the road, which made it nearly impossible to make a left-hand turn out of the hotel. However, there were many restaurants and shopping options nearby. The freeway was very close and convenient.

All-in-all, I would DEFINITELY stay here again if I return to Louisville!

Room Tip: It's usually easier to make a right-hand turn out of the hotel and then make a u-turn if you nee...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel itself is really nice -- very new and clean, with a helpful staff and convenient access from I-264. The rooms were large and accommodating, with nice bathrooms and comfortable beds. I would NOT stay in this hotel though if you want to spend a few days to see Louisville. Just a few doors down from this Comfort Inn is another "hotel," that caters to "adults." That's the best way I know how to say it. The hotel itself is very good...I just wouldn't venture too far from it as the neighborhood is probably not your best choice for a family vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Leasburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

As usual, I checked out the hotels online before booking. The Comfort Inn surpassed my expectations.

I had booked a handicapped room with a king bed. The bathroom was not large enough for my wife to manuever in, so I asked for a different room.

Not onl;y did the staff (a manager?) switch us to a room with a roll in shower, but as I was coming down the elevator with my wife, he was on the way up to assist with the luggage which wasn't needed since we hadn't brought it up yet.

The room was clean and comfortable, the pool, sauna and jacuzzi were great after a long day on the road and breakfast was a great start to the day-and all at a GREAT price.

Room Tip: Check trip advisor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCHUEY
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Check in was quick and easy. The front desk people were very friendly. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Basic needs, hair dryer, shampoo, and lotion were in room also, fridge microwave and coffee pot. Breakfast was more than just your basic continental breakfast and very good. Will definitely stay again. Many restaurants and shopping within a very short distance. Easy close access to Churchill Downs.
Easy access to the expressway. Workout room was nice. Convenient laundry facility.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I chose this hotel due to the reviews on trip advisor and because it is just a few miles from Waverly Hills Sanatorium...where I was going on a ghost hunt. The hotel's location was fine. The room was clean. We did have problems with the air conditioner. And we had problems getting all the channels clearly on the TV. The girl at the front desk was nice. But this hotel is not as good as the rating it has on trip advisor. The girl at the front desk was nice...but she spent a great deal of time out in front of the hotel smoking and talking to people. The pool has a rule where you can only have FIVE in the pool at one time. We had one rowdy family in the pool with us...and they had about nine members in their family. THEY ruined the pool experience for us. And to make matters worse...their room was across from us and they had a child who cried quite a bit. And one other reviewer mentioned the parking lot problem. When we were there it was the same thing. There were people out on the parking lot late at night. There was even a police officer there. I have no idea why these people were there. There is no restaurant or bar at the hotel. Yet this was a hangout for some unknown reason. I found the breakfast to be not so great...although my daughter liked it. My eggs were cold. I would likely only return to this hotel if I had another ghost hunt at Waverly to attend. The area does have lots of restaurants...but it does not seem to be in the best part of town. And it concerns me what these people were doing hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RandallMurdock, General Manager at Comfort Inn Louisville, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for your response. I would certainly appreciate it if you would please contact me so we can discuss your recent stay. I can be reached at (502) 447-2096.

Randy Murdock