“Nice Hotel - they need to police their parking lot...”

Comfort Inn Louisville
Ranked #55 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Easy to find, nice facility. Room was clean and comfortable. Scummy people hanging out in the parking lot ALL night long. I kept getting up all night to look out the window and check on our car, afraid someone would break into it. They came and they went and one guy sat on the curb by front doors for hours. No idea what they were doing out there, but I could guess.

The pool was cloudy and had a big clump of hair floating in it. No fresh towels, and old wet towels strewn all around. The receptionist did bring us towels upon request and was very friendly.

Overall, the hotel was fine, but they need to keep malingerers out of their parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 17, 2011

This hotel was great, my sisters and I stayed here because it was the best rated hotel nearest The Waverly Hills Sanitorium. It turned out to be a great choice the rooms were clean, spacious, included great amenities and the bed and pillows were very comfy. The blow dryer worked great, the fridge is a great size and the microwave is a big plus. The staff was very nice and helpful. Housekeeping staff was nice enough to give us extra supplies because we had opted not to have them clean our room. The weekend we stayed there was a large number of kids because of a competition happening near the hotel. I thought it would've been an issue at night, but while several stayed on our floor we didn't hear much into our room. We had no noise problems at all. The pool is on the smallish side, anymore then 6-7 persons in the pool at once and it can get crowded, although the times I went I was all alone.

Overall this hotel is great, I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Kitty_Cats_03
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We liked everything about this hotel. We were travelling with our dog and when we asked the front desk person for suggestions on parks in the area, she recommended the Papa John's corporate campus, which is a very short drive from the hotel. The grounds and trails there were beautiful and a great place to walk our dog and unwind after a stressful day of driving through a snow storm in Ohio. There was also a good selection of restaurants close by, so the hotel location was excellent in many ways. We would definitely stay there again if we return to Louisville.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
RandallMurdock, General Manager at Comfort Inn Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

Thank you for your response. However, I would like to clarify our hotel does not accept pets. Papa Johns Corporate Campus where you were informed was a good place to walk your pet is located on the East side of town. Our hotel is located on the West side of town.

Randy Murdock

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We wanted to take a quick trip during my son's spring break and decided to spend a couple of days in Louisville. I debated on staying downtown near the museums, but couldn't justify the pricetag. Based on reviews we decided to give this property a try. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerks couldn't have been any nicer. We were actually given a choice as to which floor we preferred to stay on (first time I've EVER had this choice!). While not as luxurious as a Hyatt or one of the other high-end properties, the room was spacious, clean, and extremely functional (mini-fridge, microwave, and free WIFI). An indoor pool was a nice bonus which my son loved. Reaching downtown only required a 10-15 minute drive. The location is a double-edged sword. The hotel sits right on a major highway, so traffic congestion is sometimes a problem. However, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from so variety was not an issue. Room and tax for 2 nights was just under $200 (which I probably would've had to pay for a single night plus parking downtown at most places). If the need arises, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KYMark
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I 'm a frequent travelor. Always looking for great quality and certain amenities, without it being so costly. Well look no farther! Everything I was searching for and some. I searched and searched for something in my budget, but, everything in the area had some scary reviews. Well I finally deceded to just stay with my original choice here, ABSOLUTELY satisfied, Staff,Service Breakfast, the environment, I can go on and on. Thanks Comfort Inn for making our stay feel like Home away from home. Know where Ill be staying next time,

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I checked Trip Advisor to find a hotel for one night in Louisville and this one came up. It seemed to get great reviews and after staying there for the night I have to agree. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Each room has a nice microwave and a refrigerator that came in handy.
The staff was very helpful. In the morning we had a great breakfast and the staff made sure the breakfast area was well stocked and kept clean.
We didn't have time to use the pool or the exercise room but when I looked in they were inviting.
I would recomenned this hotel to everyone. We had a pleasent stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed there with two work colleagues. My room was clean, spacious, had Wifi, and everything in working order. It's a good place if you're doing business in Louisville, especially if you want to exercise at the hotel and grab a bite in the morning. Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business