We chose the Galh House because an event we were attending was nearby. We quickly realized we traded convenience for poor service.
Upon checking in, the staff did not acknowledge me until I was right up to the counter. I felt as if I had interrupted his conversation with his fellow employees by asking to be checked in.
The second morning we came back to our room to find the used glasses and coffee pot had not been changed, the waste baskets not emptied and the floor not vacuumed. The third day, we called housekeeping and requested new glasses and a coffee pot or we would not have got them. On the fourth day, but room had still not been vacuumed. We did however continue to receive new glasses I believe because we requested them. Upon talking to other guests, we discovered their rooms had not been cleaned beyond changing the towels either.
I called the hotel four times and talked to four different levels of management trying to get an explanation for the less than desirable service, but only got an "I'm not happy to hear about that, I'll check into it". We never heard back from them.
The parking was very pricy as well.
The one good thing about our stay was the excellant service from the restaurant staff. They were friendly, courteous and more than helpful. They made us feel welcome and were a nice start to our morning.
It is very unlikely we will be staying at the Galt House again and do not recommend it to anyone else. For the price, I'm sure there are many other nice hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,314 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with head-spinning cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky