This hotel was the host hotel for the Ironman Louisville this August 2014. Thank goodness they will be having IM Louisville in October from now on. The heat and humidity in KY in Aug. was brutal.
The hotel was lovely, the suite was very large as was the bathroom. With 4 of us ladies staying in the suite, it was nice to have a lot of mirrors, outlets and a makeup area that was outside of the bathroom.
The suite had a refrigerator but no microwave. It was clean and served us well.
The hotel is a little confusing with all the different levels and you can get confused if you're in the conservatory that goes over the road to connect the hotel that is on both sides of the street and go the wrong way. Not saying I did ;)
I have two cons:
- One was the elevators. I understand that the hotel was packed to the limit with Ironman athletes and families but even at a time when there weren't a lot of people coming and going the elevators took forever. We were on the 10th floor and it was agonizing waiting.
- Another small con was the parking garage situation. I was in one garage where the elevator only went to two floors. I was trying to meet my family members in another garage on the same side of the street but had to go from the basement floor of one garage, up 1 floor to the lobby of the hotel, take another elevator to the 3rd floor where the conservatory was then down a hall to get to another elevator to go up to the 5th floor of that garage. What a hassle especially since they were waiting on me. I guess it's just something good to know the layout of the parking garages ahead of time.
We ate breakfast in the Cafe Magnolia. It was buffet style and the cost was $15. We got a lot for our money. Besides hot and cold items they had made to order omelets and orange juice was included. It beat going out of the hotel. There weren't a lot of breakfast eating choices right close by the hotel. You needed to walk a bit. So I would recommend the buffet.
We also had breakfast one morning at the deli in the Conservatory which wasn't too bad. I had the flatbread breakfast sandwich and it was more than enough.
We ate at Joe's Crab Shack one night that is close by down by the river and had a good meal and a good time.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,314 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with head-spinning cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky