Galt House Hotel
Ranked #29 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were here on business and not expecting such a great experience. The suites are huge, two rooms, bathroom, flat panel TV's in bedroom and sitting room, refrigerator, microwave, etc etc. And did I mention huge?
This hotel would have received five stars from me but we had two hick-ups when the room had not been made up when we returned from a full day of conventioneering at 6 p.m.and the staff said "so what can we do about it". Hmmm.... we settled on some fresh towels but must say were "put off" by the comment. The second issue was at Jockey Silks where we had to beg for service. So we went to a different bar the rest of the week.

Room Tip: Our room faced the adjoining hotel across the street , part of the same hotel connected by a sky bri...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kenmac1
Amanda C, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Our best customers are the ones who offer us feedback that we can improve upon. We apologize for the hiccups you encountered. Thank you for taking time to share your stay at the Galt House.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,186)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Overall it was a lovely experience. Staff was very friendly and very helpful in providing tips on things to do and places to see. I would recommend guests to stop at the Regalo shop located on the third (or second) floor. They have a bigger shop down Fourth Street if you really liked the one located inside the Galt. The only downside was the extra cost in internet service. The cost of the room alone should be sufficient to cover the cost of wifi in guests' rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

We appreciate your review and have noted the criticism. Our best customers tell us how we can improve. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was given a room that was already occupied. I used the room key to get in and discovered someone else's luggage. I could have gone through and stolen their things but of course I didn't. However, not everyone is honest. I know this from experience. I had jewelry stolen from a hotel room a few years ago. I blamed the hotel and maid but now know it could have been another customer that had been given a key to my room...just as I was give a key to someone else's on July 21, 2014. This error could have been costly for the other occupant just as it was for me a few years ago. It could have also been dangerous! Imaging if I had been a convicted sex offender that decided to stay in the room and prey upon the original occupant! I'm not sure if the situation makes me more angry or scared!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're sorry to hear that. Obviously, there was a miscommunication on our end. We apologize and hope that you'll give us another chance someday. Thank you

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Galt House during my visit to Louisville for the Forecastle festival. Our suite was perfect for 6 people. Comfortable, clean, I did not see any visible signs of wear and tear. Staff was excellent. Only real complaint would be that my friends state that their room was hot while where I stayed was freezing. But that is probably building design. I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in the suite tower for 7 days. We were in town for the National Gymnastics Competition. I really do not understand the vast majority of the negative comments. The suite was huge and housekeeping was good. The WiFi was spotty, especially in the sleeping area in the evenings, but it was free. I would have complained if there had been a charge for it. The pool area was more than adequate, but the music is loud. The hotel is very charming, so much character. The front desk, conciege and bellmen were very professional and helpful. The location was perfect. So many restaurants, in every price range, within walkng distance. Also within walking distane to the Convention and Yum Center. We walked through the skyways on the days it rained. Loved jogging to Jeffersonville via the new foot path and bridge. Because of some negative reviews, I was initially concerned about needing to stay for 7 days, but it worked out perfectly. Very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the suite side - definitely worth the extra money - it is the size of many apartments!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor, we've noted the improvements we need to make.We apologize for the loud music and spotty wifi and hope that you find it much improved upon your next stay.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is well located and provides many options for enjoying Louisville BUT....it doesn't pay attention to details. At over $200/night, I expected not only a room that was well-appointed, but clean and attractive. My suite evidenced disregard to appearance and amenities. Cleaning solution was left on the counter, the curtains were missing hooks on the rod and hung indiscriminately, mugs and coffee were not provided in the room each day (despite the presence of a coffee pot), TV and remote were not synced so I could find channels, and there was hot water on the first day of a 3 day visit. In fairness, the hotel staff was friendly and attempted to be accommodating. However, as much as I enjoyed Louisville, I will not stay in the Galt Hotel on subsequent visits.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amanda C, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were looking for a convenient, affordable and clean hotel during our stay in downtown Louisville for the Forecastle Music Festival. This hotel fit the bill. Large, clean rooms with all of the amenities. No complaints, all good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of your stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon.