Stayed here for a convention in mid October for 3 nights at convention rate of $135+tax for a suite. I was on 10th floor in the suite tower. 1st impressions were good. The check-in was fine and the room huge with a large sitting room and then a corridor to the bedroom.
The room was comfortable enough (although the sitting room was slightly dark) and the free wifi worked well. The downside is the freeway noise outside. I've spent many nights in hotels near freeways and this is one of the noisier. There appears to be a bump in the road right outside The Galt House and the lorries really rattle over it in the early hours of the morning. Also everyone time someone in a nearby room flushed the toilet you were treated to the rush of water. My room was 'interconnecting' with another (although obviously the door was locked) but I could hear their early morning alarm and the phone ringing.
On the plus side the gym is great and only costs only $5 per day or $10 per week. Didn't really use any other hotel facilities. Staff, in my little interaction with them, were fine.
The only other shock was when the bill came and the various taxes (3 of them) managed to add an additional ~$20 per night.
If I'm ever back in Louisville I'll probably stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,310 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky