“Sam397”
Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First class hotel in everyway. We have always had a great time at The Galt House. The Rivue restraurant is fantastic from the piano softly playing to the great meal topped off with the best views of the riverfront.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,208)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Overall, this was a great hotel to stay at with friendly staff, clean rooms and great food. The room service was better than expected and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with their positive attitude towards their guests and the effort they put into making them happy. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Candy L
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Being from Louisville I usually don't splurge on the nicer hotels downtown. I really have no reason to spend more than 100 to sleep in another room when I have my apartment. But on a date night we went all out and got a room at the Galt House.

The hotel was beautiful, It is an older hotel. The rooms were very spacious, like a little apartment.The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. It is an older room so there are cracks in the wall, but like I said it is an older hotel so you can't expect that much from it. We also had a nice view of the bridges and the Yum Center lights. It is also very close to all the downtown fun!

When we checked out we went to pay for our parking and they gave us free parking. I would def come back for a special occasion!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

They gave us a free room upgrade. Extremely accommodating hotel. Would recommend to anyone. Within walking distance to the 4th Street bar area. Parking is convenient and cheap. Had a really good time at Galt House Hotel.

Room Tip: If you are able to stay in the 1 bedroom apartment suite with a riverview, I highly recommend it! Th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've stay at the Galt House at least 3 other times. Even though the fire alarm sounding was a big disruption to my sleep. I would stay here again, I love the rooms and the staff is always great. The beds are absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: The river view is awesome...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Audrey W
Reviewed January 15, 2014

It's 4:00 AM right now at the hotel, just wanted to rant my displeasure.
The room is spacious, but no microwave, no mini-fridge. One day my toothbrush and toothpaste disappeared. Tonight (or this morning) I was waken up by siren in the room. When calling the front desk, it was very rude. Also feel very cold in the room.

I am here on business trip. Just wished I did not book for next week.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Allen H
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in an executive suite with the New Year's Eve package. The hotel made accommodations for us to be next door to another couple we were going with. The rooms were large and beds were comfortable. They had many things on site to keep us entertained. We were not able to reserve brunch till 3:00 the next day because we had booked so late, which we ended up skipping to get home to the kids. It was an expensive package for one night, but one time a year it is nice to live a little!

• Stayed: December 2013