“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Girdwood, Alaska
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was impressed with the overall level of service and friendly staff at the Galt House. The housekeeping staff was always happy and accommodating of your schedule, which is great since I like to sleep-in. The Room Service quality is what really blew me away. The food was hot and delicious, with a wide range of options on the menu. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are very nice and roomy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (914)
Louisville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Three out of five isn't that bad! Upon our arrival the bellhop quickly unloaded our car and lead us on our way. Check in was quick and smooth. There are two towers that you can stay at, we stayed at Rivue Tower. Our room was on the 3rd floor, this provided us quick access in and out of the hotel. The older room was decent size and had a quality bed. The location of this hotel is prime if you are planning on spending your time in downtown Louisville. We had breakfast/brunch at Rivue on the Sunday we checked out. It was very good eats!

Room Tip: Waiting for elevators can become aggravating, third floor rooms give you quick in and out access to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Galt House Hotel and in Louisville. We hope to see you again sometime!
Brentwood, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This is not a five star hotel. It's closer to a Holiday Inn than a Marriott. But it does not sell itself as the ritz. Instead, it's a very clean, convenient, and excellent valued hotel. I had a three room suite that was immaculate and I think it ran just at about $200 per night. The room service was fine and priced right. Sure, the furnishings were not your mothers solid cherry heirlooms, but they were adequate and comfortable. The bellman, front desk, and room service folks could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I'll definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Eurorunner
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is an older hotel. It is large and grand but the rooms are showing their age. I was in the 18th floor and had a nice view of the river. The room is clean, about like a typical hotel room, but no pillow top mattress. The bar area, in the sky bridge connecting the two towers, is very nice, open, and welcoming. It is also conveniently located to everything downtown. Despite its age, it is still a good place to stay downtown.

1 Thank kingmba
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us!
Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is fine, the rooms are clean and our bellman was over the top. Thing is, why would you not add $5 a night to the room rate, when 95% or more of travelers now use the Internet. NO, this place will require a phone call and coaching to get your Apple products online. If you cann't charge more and give me free internet, a two is the best I can give the facility.

2 Thank Charles S
We're sorry to hear about your issues with the internet. We appreciate your feedback on this issue. Thank you for staying with us.
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at a lovely hotel in Louisville, KY called the Galt House Hotel. We had a great view out our 11th floor window of the Ohio River. We watched barges being pushed down the river with a tug boat. One tug boat was pushing 4 wide barges at a time. Something new for us to observe. We saw the ferry/paddle boat parked by the dock.
Dinner on Friday was at a restaurant on the 25th top floor and it sure was fantastic. The bone-in-filet was so wonderful and so very tender. The plate of breads laying on a dab of olive oil with a very pretty display of butter topped with seasonings was delicious.
There was a very creative lounge, bar and deli that was built over top of the streets to connect the 2 sides of the hotels. It was really amazing and beautiful. The bar counter was a glass top and front aquarium full of fish.
Unfortunately, we never got out of the hotel to really enjoy the scenic area because the conference we were at kept us too busy.. So, although the hotel was difficult to find your way around, now that we "got it", we plan to back sometime for a vacation to really relax and enjoy this great city and its scenery. FYI: mattresses could be updated. They were flat and firm for my comfort for my tastes. But then, you know beds-to each his own!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river if you like that type of view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate all your feedback and hope you will be able to come visit again for vacation!
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Like a lot of other reviews have mentioned, the hotel has just a bit of an outdated feel to it. With that said, the views of the river are great and I enjoyed the location.
One surprise I had was that internet cost was reasonable. I did have to switch back and forth between a few servers they had, but for the most part I was happy with the wifi from the room.
My one complaint is that I had a HORRIBLE experience with the airport car service. I flew in on a Tuesday night (May 7) and knew I wouldn't land until midnight. I called the hotel/car service earlier in the day and they said they would accommodate. Once I landed at midnight, I called the hotel number as instructed and was told I just missed the driver but that he'd be back in 30 minutes. So I got my baggage and waited outside. Around 12:40am I called and was told the driver doesn't come by this late. I said I realized that but that I was also told he would be back for me twice (once from the driver, and once from the hotel front desk). She said she was sorry and that he was on his way to get me. AGAIN, around 1:10am I realized I would be stood up once more. I finally took the short cab ride to the hotel cause I was never picked up after being told 3 separate times it wouldn't be a problem. Once I walked into the hotel, the front desk lady said she recognized me as the person waiting on the car and said that she was sorry but the driver went off and parked somewhere.... "oh yeah.. sorry about that..." like she was telling me sorry for something simple like dropping my key on the floor or something not important. I didn't get, "oh my I'm sorry you waited over an hour and I can't believe I told you multiple times he'd be there and he wasn't.... can't believe that."
Let me say that I'm not usually one to complain, but this was somewhat of a bother. I didn't expect anything else.... I didn't expect any comped food/room/drink/internet.... but the fact that it wasn't treated as anything more than, "oh yeah sorry about that.." was surprising. And it was one of those days where I missed a flight earlier due to another airport shuttle that was 40 minutes late to pick me up... so it just wasn't a good transportation day for me.
Unfortunately due to the problem I had with the front desk and their airport transportation (Sand Dollar Limo), I will be trying and recommending another hotel when in Louisville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We know how frustrating it can be traveling, and that when you get to your destination city, you just want to get to your hotel and settle in. We are sorry that this miscommunication happened. We hope you'll give us another chance to make that up to you. Thank you for staying with us.