We were at the Galt house this summer for a convention with our family. I never expect too much from a large-operation hotel, but this hotel gives out a warm vibe. I'll get the negative out of the way first. We were placed in the tower that didn't have the outdoor swimming pool (which was a downer for our 7 year old) and a floor that smelled strongly of smoke when we got off the elevator. I wasn't super excited. I went downstairs to confirm their "no-smoking" policy, and here is where the positive starts, the woman who helped us not only immediately changed us to a different room, but took one look at our 7 year old and promptly switched us to a room closer to the pool, AND THEN, upgraded us to a top floor suite with a spectacular view of the river and downtown area! Granted, the suite room wasn't an updated room, but the view and extra room was absolutely worth it. I should mention that most rooms at the Galt House are updated and they also indeed do not allow smoking. Now, on to the other positive...the bourbon. Louisville is more than just the Kentucky Derby. It boasts a fantastic "Urban-Bourbon Trail" that we highly recommend for those who enjoy bourbon (and even fun for those like me who find it just "ok"). The Galt House is part of this trail with the in-house bourbon bar "Jockey Silks" and has the most impressive bourbon selection! The bartender gave my husband a taste of a rare and no-longer-available bourbon that even made a skeptic (me) a believer. Again, the customer service was over-the-top. If you are in Louisville, this historic hotel delivers.
(As a side note, the outdoor pool area was fun for our daughter because she is a fish, but it didn't have the ambiance that a Florida-girl is used to. In fact, the freeway noise was our background music. It doesn't change my rating or review, but thought it was worth mentioning.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, boasts 1,290 guest rooms and suites, 128,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the three-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. It is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- Galt House Louisville Ky