“A Definite if your going to the Yum Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #26 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Bristol, Virginia
“A Definite if your going to the Yum Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rooms are a little bit pricy, but very worth it if your going to the KFC Yum Center. We stayed in the building (there are two buildings for the same hotel) that was connected to the Yum Center and it was a piece of cake to get there. Our room was on the 12th floor and it took less than 15mins to walk there and it was super easy. All of the staff are very nice, very friendly. The parking area height 6'5 so don't bring a large truck. The parking is also shared with the arena so it can get full if you check in late. There is a $12 parking charge. The hotel is very large and there are a lot of people who stay there, so if your on a schedule allow extra time for check in. Each tower has about 25 floors. There is venting machine there, also a little store where you can get soda. I suggest one of their big cookies. It was perfect for our trip to see The Boss!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We're so glad to hear you had a great time going to see The Boss! Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you next time you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I attended a conference at the hotel and stayed there for what I believed was a hefty price. I had a suite and it came with a mini wet bar (which includes a fridge) but no microwave. Seeing that the rooms were already so expensive and breakfast was not included in the price of the room I thought that we could at least reduce some of the cost by using a microwave on those early cold mornings when you don't have time to run out to get a cheap meal... Those who stayed on the side of the hotel which was close to the highway complained of the traffic noise. The furniture and accessories (drapes, fittings, etc...) also looked like they will need to be changed soon. Overall it was an average stay for me.

Room Tip: The suites a much better and larger than the plain single or double occupancy rooms. Suites away fr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.
Niles, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on Saturday with a friend. I was disappointed in the hotel. The property is massive and I expected amazing rooms and amenities. The service was good and fast at check in. I ordered room service for dinner and I had requested a dinner roll with my soup and salad and never received it. I will say the food was delicious though. I had contacted the extension given when ready for the tray to be picked up at 8:30pm Saturday and when we checked out at 10am Sunday it was still sitting on the floor outside the door. The soundproofing is not good in the hotel. You could easily here people in the hallway and every time someone flushed the toilet the plumbing was very loud. I am sorry to say I would not stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We thank you for giving us a try and appreciate your feedback.
Stanton, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at The Galt House in Louisville KY. The hotel is very nice, clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is within a block from The KFC Yum Center and Fourth Street Live if your in town for entertainment. The only negative thing I could even say about the hotel is that it was a little noisy in our room because it was next to the elevators. Overall, I have and will continue to stay here, it's especially pretty around Christmas time!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tammie J
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to be a part of your visits to Louisville and hope you'll come back to see us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is HUGE, and I would agree with other reviewers who say it all has a bit of a dated feeling to it. It seems when this was first built it would have been top-rate and would be deserving of the $170/night price tag. However, in the condition that the rooms, furniture, and restaurants are in now there's no way it should cost that much.

Our room was on the third floor and smelled of cigars and food as it shared the floor with meeting spaces that were being used for school reunions, conferences, etc...

However, the thing that absolutely earned the one-star review was their lack of sheets on the king-sized bed. When I got in to the bed to go to sleep I realized that there wasn't a fitted sheet covering the mattress, rather a flat sheet that was pulled up and tucked around the top of the mattress, leaving about 12" of the foot of the mattress exposed, just a bare mattress to be shared by every hotel guest's ankles and feet. GROSS. I called down to the front desk — they apologized and promptly had housekeeping come to re-make the bed. Unfortunately, they re-made it EXACTLY the same way, leaving 12" of the bare mattress exposed. I asked if they didn't have a fitted sheet or something to cover the actual mattress, and they seemed confused and then decided that I was requesting a mattress pad, which they called a request in for. I wasn't requesting a mattress pad, but decided to accept it just to have something cover the bare mattress. Additionally, there is nothing covering the box spring either — no sheet, no bed skirt, just bare, stained box springs beneath the partially covered mattress.

For $170/night I would expect a fully covered mattress, rather than feeling like I had to sleep with my socks on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather K
We are sorry to hear your stay did not meet expectations. We value you feedback and thank you for staying with us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

While the view of the river can be breathtaking it is not dry close to the coveted 4th street love. In addition, the hotel is confusing with two buildings. Just hope you get a suite or on the 3rd floor so you can figure out how to get around. Also, the lovely suite I was in this most recent time had a view of the basement I believe. I took it as opposed to not being able to get out of the endless halls and confusing maps. The parking garage is a mess and if you can remember where you are in good shape. I'd rather stay at the Hyatt which is nearby and a lot less confusing.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MiJa55
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Got a last minute deal on this hotel. First time in Louisville so I can't compare to others but was large, clean, and quiet. Location was perfect within walking to plenty of food etc. Nice views of the river from almost all rooms. Parking under the hotel which was convenient. Watch out for conferences, games, etc which will pack this large hotel full.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank JacksonFish
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope your time in the Heart of Louisville was a good one!