“Road traffic was surprisingly loud on 23rd floor.”
Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #30 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The room was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. The room's walls were not sound proof. Anytime someone in another room flushed a toilet you could hear it in the room. It was loud enough to be noticeable. It was annoying. The street noise was surprisingly loud. You could hear the traffic constantly. I would ask for a room that didn't face the interstate. The fireworks on the river were nice. We never found out what they were for but it was nice to watch. Parking was $12 and the lady attendant was not a pleasant person. She probably doesn't work for the hotel but she reflected badly on the stay. I have always wanted to stay at the Galt House and for me, once is enough.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BudNLily
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We're sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked my stay via a prepay service. The room was a dump, smelled musty, the window was covered with dirt. They nickel and dime you to death, 5 dollars for internet, 5 dollars to use their fitness center, parking... Where will it stop?? I don't know if they treat guests who prepay differently than guests who pay prevailing rates, BUT I would put money on it...
I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and go out of my way to tell others to steer clear of this landmark(?)
I have stayed at other hotels in downtown Louisville, but this one beats them all to the bottom of the list. Don't waste your money here...

5  Thank bill l

We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet expectations. We value your feedback and hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We meet friends in Louisville a couple times a year for fun. We love staying at the Galt House. Friendly staff, clean spacious rooms, great location. This time they had limos to give guests rides to Fourth Street Live for $2 a person, which was so fun!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

We're happy to be part of your fun getaway! So glad to hear you had a great time! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Upscale hotel with a great location and within walking distance to 4th Street Live where all the restaurants and bars are located. I was here for an annual show and booked hotel on Priceline. Nice clean comfortable rooms with all updated ammentities. They have two towers for rooms and had 3 elevators for each tower, kind of slow at times but did the job. Nothing is included in the price of the room so parking was $12 a day for garage. Fitness club was $5 a day or $12 a week, club had all the equipment you need to keep healthy. A few bars and restaurants onsite but a tad over priced. Over all it was a nice stay for the business I had to do.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hubby and I recently stopped over at the Galt House Hotel (lucked in on Hotwire). It was very large, really two separate buildings attached by a covered bridge/bar over the road. When checking in you really had no choice but to use the bell hop service (if you have more than bag). No luggage carts for your own use in sight. The check-in was in one building, as was the parking garage (flat daily rate and able to go in and out) and we ended up in the other building. It was a bit overwhelming at first but really not a problem. The bell hop was very friendly though and gave us some pointers on where to wander and sight-see. Our room was on the 20th floor, which gave a great view of the Ohio river. The elevators were a bit slow, but the really only laughable complaint was when hubby went to the Information Desk in our tower could not give information - it was related to the Mega Caverns - and she sent him over to the other building to see the concierge. The hotel is within walking distance (2 - 6 blocks) of the main sightseeing areas (Muhammed Ali Centre,Louisville Slugger Museum and more)and many restaurants and bars in the Fourth Street Live area. We were right by the waterfront and walked down to take in a paddle boat ride. The hotel is right off the highway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to have been part of what sounds like was a fun weekend in Louisville! Please come back and visit again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Galt was OK. My room was clean, but definitely average. I arrived very late and was checked in quickly, but when I asked if I could get a suite or balcony room I was promptly told "no". No explanation! I felt like I was bothering the front desk clerk. She literally said less than 2 sentences to me. I procured this property on Priceline and got a very good rate. If I had paid the rate advertised on their website I would have been VERY dissatisfied. Location was good for me, but it still ruffles my feathers to have to pay for parking and especially for internet. I chose not to pay for internet, but this is a deciding factor when choosing hotels. If you want a nice 2.5-3 star hotel you will be satisfied here. If you really want a 3.5 or higher, I'd looks elsewhere.

1  Thank Joe C

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I travel to Louisville every year for a trade show, and have always stayed at the Galt House for 5 nights. I have always found all staff to be very accomodating, and have no complaints about them. But the sewer smell every time you walked into the lobby of the Rivue Tower was AWEFUL. At one point, you could even smell it riding in the elevators. I was on the 19th floor, thankfully it did not travel up that far. Also, the rooms need updated. The carpet was bunched up, stained, very old. Paint peeling in the bathroom, The bed was comfortable, but the bedding was very poor quality. The sheets felt like paper and the comforter was old and pilled, and looked like someone sat on the end of the bed and brushed their hair. (Not a huge problem for me because I remove the comfortors as soon as I walk into any hotel room) Based on my experiences this year, I will be finding a new hotel next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet expectations. We value your feedback, and will forward it to the appropriate departments.