“Decent hotel, but needs some updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #26 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Decent hotel, but needs some updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I travel to Louisville every year for a trade show, and have always stayed at the Galt House for 5 nights. I have always found all staff to be very accomodating, and have no complaints about them. But the sewer smell every time you walked into the lobby of the Rivue Tower was AWEFUL. At one point, you could even smell it riding in the elevators. I was on the 19th floor, thankfully it did not travel up that far. Also, the rooms need updated. The carpet was bunched up, stained, very old. Paint peeling in the bathroom, The bed was comfortable, but the bedding was very poor quality. The sheets felt like paper and the comforter was old and pilled, and looked like someone sat on the end of the bed and brushed their hair. (Not a huge problem for me because I remove the comfortors as soon as I walk into any hotel room) Based on my experiences this year, I will be finding a new hotel next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet expectations. We value your feedback, and will forward it to the appropriate departments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
Sidney, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I don't know why this hotel would have any negative reviews. We stayed for a four day tradeshow and it was the perfect choice. Very central location, wonderful staff and great food in the Cafe Magnolia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel to Louisville very often on business and usually stay elsewhere in the downtown area. I decided to try the Galt House on my last trip because of a very attractive price offer on Hotwire. It was a mistake. The hotel is dated and needs a serious makeover. My room had a cloying smell of potpourri and worn stained carpeting, and was in desperate need of a modern update. The same for the bathroom. Overall cleanliness seemed average at best and the elevator made a loud "clunk" evertime it stopped at my floor. I really didn't enjoy my one-night stay at the Galt House and there are certainly much better choices on Louisville's 4th street. If all you care about is getting the lowest nightly rate possible from an online booking site the Galt House might work for you, otherwise stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We're sorry your stay did not meet expectations. We thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Don't read in negative reviews on this hotel. It's a nice hotel located in a perfect spot. I was in town to see Wicked and the theatre was only a block away. My room was big and most importantly clean. It's a huge hotel so people expecting to be treated like kings or queens should understand there are 1,700 rooms in this place and the staff cannot cater to your every wish or need. I wasn't crazy about paying $12 to park though where as most hotels have free parking. Other than that and the one lady at the desk that was rude to me when I was checking out the place was perfect. I had a lower floor room right next to the elevator and it was fine. Didn't bother me at all since I am a heavy sleeper.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad we could help make your trip to see Wicked a memorable one!
Vancouver BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

A little worn and tired but overall a great value if booked through Hotwire or Priceline. It's right downtown and easy walking distance to everything. Staff are nice and helpful... Rooms are just a little old and when I was there I couldn't shower as they'd turned the water off for repairs overnight... When it came back there was a ton of sedement... Basically brown water... I'm sure running it for a while would have cleared it up but I was in a rush.

It's also worth visiting Jockey Silks bourbon bar... Amazing selection and knowledgeable bartenders

• Stayed September 2012
We thank you for your patience while we made repairs. We try our best not to inconvenience anyone, but know it can be tough to work around everyone's schedules. Thank you for staying with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We fortunately got upgraded to the suite for no charge, after looking at some of the other reviews. The suite was pretty awesome. Large shower, separate living room and a cozy bed. I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us!
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed for one night at the Galt House Hotel on business. The location was ideal for me as it was 2 blocks away from my meeting location. The room I received on the 9th floor was a huge suite - great value for the price. It was clean and very quiet. The staff I interacted with were very friendly and helpful.

Since I arrived quite late (Thanks to USAirways) I was looking for a quick bite to eat in the hotel. The front desk suggested Cafe Magnolia. The burger was great and affordable and the waitstaff was super friendly.

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We're so happy to hear that we could help make your business trip a success! We hope you'll come back and see us again!