“If you want the pretense of a five star hotel them get robbed by the staff, this is your place .”
Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #29 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Traveling from Illinois to Louisville with intent to make a bank deposit in Illinois . My local bank was closed so I had to carry more cash than usual. When I checked I reported my safe was not working. No response. I put a do not disturb on my door and talked to house keeping personally to tell them I wanted no one in the room. When valet brought the car around was asked 3 times if I was coming back. It was obvious we were attending uk/ ul game . Upon return do not disturb sign was missing , things roomed in my room , all my money was missing , my medications and my daughters social security card. Galt house has done nothing . Simone night shift mgr and security where as helpful as they could be . Officer Clopton from Louisville pd which I called was helpful. All upper management at galt house could care less. I will continue to pursue. This has effected me finically and psychologically . So don't judge a book by its cover. Looks great on the outside but if you value your belongings . Beware

• Stayed: September 2012
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hotel management responded to your case with the upmost urgency and it continues to be investigated. We hope the investigation is able to shed light on the situation.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,185)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staff was delightful. The hotel was dark and shows wear and tear. My bathroom had a tissue stuck in the ceiling where the sprinkler head was supposed to be. Rooms were spacious. The cable tv's had lots of channels if you have the patience to go through all the channels slowly to see what is on. Parking garage also in need of repairs. Noticed fallen concrete and water pooling.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at Galt House Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you had a great stay in Louisville.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The view from the upper floors is good and the location is handy but wi-fi is additional and coffee and snacks are pricey. The staff is friendly but there was a bad smell in the reception area. Usually a 5 star will offer some kind of free breakfast, not here...

Room Tip: If you can afford the suites, I recommend it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My friend and I were in town for a concert and stayed here overnight. I found the hotel to be in a great location, nice, clean rooms with friendly/professional service. I was definitely surprised to have all of these things with the very affordable rate that I paid! I would definitely stay here again if I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and at the concert! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Galt House twice recently. We got a suite each time, which has plenty of room. The hotel is quite large and is very close to all of the action downtown. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
As an aside, I highly recommend Louisville in general for the Abbey Road on the River and WorldFest events. Louisville also has a really cool vibe and great independent restaurants.

Room Tip: Suites are larger, but you could get highway noise and noise from any outside activities such as mus...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and agree with you that Louisville is a great place to visit!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We got a great price on this hotel thanks to a 'discount travel site'. For the money this place could not be beat.

it is a MAZE though, it's massive... Depending on where you park you may or may not have to cross through the 3rd level connector that contains a really neat aquarium bar with a bird area too containing lots of species of birds.

Cons:

Parking was $12 a day - non comped for guests
WiFi was $9.95 a day - which if you do NOT have a real credit card you can't get their WiFi..,.You were only able to use thier unsecured public access in the "common" areas.
24/7 cafe open
On the non-suite side, the fridge the offer will barely hold 1 can of soda! it's a glorified car fridge with a car charger connected to a different power source. So not worth it, we'd have gladly paid for a bigger fridge.
Poor water pressure in the showers

Pros:

You are blocks from the center of town and the entertainment district
Right on the water if you can get a good view
Planes flying right over head to the airport yet you can't hear them at all
Comfy beds
Slippery bathtubs, but they offer shower mats... Huge plus!

Check in was quick, but again - if you do not have a credit card, do NOT charge anything to your room, as they will charge your entire amount AGAIN to your room. Their system is jacked up.

For the rate, you can't beat it. We would definitely stay there again.. Even though the room was a bit dusty, it was overall clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose the side facing the Belvedere to get a better view of the river. If you face the suite tower...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to hear you had a great time in Louisville.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Beautiful place. Huge suite rooms bigger than a lot of apartments & reasonably priced for location by the water and easy access to the interstate. 3rd floor bar is in overpass to other building/rooms and has a very long fish tank all the way down the bar top. Canaries & Quail on display too. A few shops and a deli. Great food & room service was not too outrageous. Some of the places were closed when we got there. I think the info boasted 150 types of bourbon in one of the bars. The only disappointment was that the pool was already closed on Labor Day weekend and it was one of the main reasons we booked it online as a stop over between other destinations. We had been swimming much farther north in Lake Michigan earlier that day and had hoped to swim some that night before more driving the next day.

Room Tip: Someone said rooms were small but the suites on the side of the road where the lobby is are huge. Yo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank norrislakefrontrentl

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Galt House Hotel. It is sad that the rainy weather meant an early close of the pool. We completely understand the disappointment. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again-- and hopefully have beautiful weather next time!