We got a great price on this hotel thanks to a 'discount travel site'. For the money this place could not be beat.
it is a MAZE though, it's massive... Depending on where you park you may or may not have to cross through the 3rd level connector that contains a really neat aquarium bar with a bird area too containing lots of species of birds.
Parking was $12 a day - non comped for guests
WiFi was $9.95 a day - which if you do NOT have a real credit card you can't get their WiFi..,.You were only able to use thier unsecured public access in the "common" areas.
24/7 cafe open
On the non-suite side, the fridge the offer will barely hold 1 can of soda! it's a glorified car fridge with a car charger connected to a different power source. So not worth it, we'd have gladly paid for a bigger fridge.
Poor water pressure in the showers
You are blocks from the center of town and the entertainment district
Right on the water if you can get a good view
Planes flying right over head to the airport yet you can't hear them at all
Slippery bathtubs, but they offer shower mats... Huge plus!
Check in was quick, but again - if you do not have a credit card, do NOT charge anything to your room, as they will charge your entire amount AGAIN to your room. Their system is jacked up.
For the rate, you can't beat it. We would definitely stay there again.. Even though the room was a bit dusty, it was overall clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,314 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky