“Galt House”
Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #29 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The employee at the reception desk could have been more helpful when checking in. She didn't provide any other information than 'here is your room number, your keycard and take that elevator'. The rooms were spacious and had large windows. There was only one trash can (in the bathroom) and the noise from the street level was very loud - even on the 14th floor.
Sara, working the breakfast buffet, was a breath of fresh air. She was pleasant, funny and a hard worker.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Galt House Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2012

First off, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Got a free upgrade to a suite, and the facilities were top notch. The only downpoint was the room service. We ordered pizza at 8:45pm on our second day (service went until 12 midnight), and from answering the phone the attendant was, well, whats a good way of saying b!tchy without actually using the word? That. She gave the impression she couldn't care less, actually stopped me during the order because "I've got all these phones ringing, you're gonna have to wait a minute", and when I came back off hold and completed the order, ended our conversation abruptly without giving a total,estimated time, thank you, or an appropriate body part to kiss.

Needless to say, this left a bad taste in our mouths, but also encouraged us in our future stays with the hotel (and we will be returning) to pursue other food options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with Galt House Hotel. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay in Louisville. We are sorry that the room service experience left a sour taste. We value your feedback.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Galt House is situated in a great location. The property is beautiful, the services it great, and the rooms were clean. The carpet looked a little run down, but overall my stay was good. My husband and I originally booked a suite with a King bed, and ended up with 2 Queens. Front desk staff was not able to make a switch due to the hotel being full all weekend. They said that they can try to accommodate my request, but it is simply a request. I thought reservations were to "reserve" what you want?

We ate at the Magnolia restaurant in another tower on the property for breakfast. They have a buffet. The selection could have been a little larger, but the cook to omelette and eggs were delicious. There were other items on the menu as well, but we settled for the buffet.

Pros: Valet service, location, room size, nice property
Cons: Need more outlets, clean carpet, not enough trash cans in room (none in bathroom, bedroom, or living room)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with Galt House Hotel. We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I planned to stay for a week due to business in the area. It was not a good idea to stay here during the labor day weekend due to a festival that was going on right outside my room. The rooms are a bit small with no frig or microwave. Bed's are not comfortable. The all you can eat fried chicken was good though in the Magnolia. I did take the time out to use the hotels salon/spa which after receiving service I had to correct a minor flaw. I have to say management needs to do something about the horrid smell in the Rivue tower lobby! Someone is cooking food wrong. Smelled like old seafood, which turned my stomach everytime I was leaving or coming. Another note: anyone on business should be placed in the other tower during the festival. The music was so loud in my room that I could not get a good nights rest.

• Stayed: August 2012

We are sorry that your stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is almost a self contained resort, not your ordinary hotel. Restaurants, shops, attentive staff, bars that you have to see to believe (over 150 bourbons), located in the heart of downtown, and oh the view of the Ohio River. Festivals on the weekends at the Open air Belvedere Plaza next door. Huge suite, 2 flatscreens, very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012
GaltCustomerCare, Public Relations Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We're so glad you had a great trip! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for Labor Day Weekend, and really enjoyed this hotel. Our favorite was Al J's in the 3rd floor bridge. The fish tank bar was awesome, and the food and drink specials were great. The snack shop in the same area was not so great. Slow service, over-priced, and sub-standard sandwiches and coffee drinks. We also ate at Rivue on the 25th floor. The menu was a little strange, but it was very good. I recommend the risotto fritters- amazing! The service was excellent. Our room was spacious, and we had a decent view of the river. It was clean, and well appointed. The only annoyance was hearing the room above us flush their toilet all night long- super annoying! The parking was $12 a day at the hotel, and though some contributors say it is confusing-we thought it was pretty simple. When you check-out the front desk staff tells you to take your room key in order to get out of the garage- pretty simple. The gym is available for use if you pay $5 a day, or $10 for the week, which is actually pretty cheap. I really liked the hotel, and we did enjoy our stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

So nice to hear you had a great visit! We are glad you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend and hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying with Galt House Hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

So I stayed at the Galt house this labor day weekend due to the special they were running. The layout of our suite was very nice, it had a fridge but no microwave so I couldn't heat up my leftovers. The room could have been cleaned better as there was a half drank sprite bottle in the chair, hair on shower wall and what looked like feces or blood splatters on the bathroom wall. I was very disappointed bcuz I reserved a king bed but ended up wit to doubles but that was the least. Of my problems as the beds were so firm I had a backache all weekend. Couldnt believe u had to pay for internet and parking, they advertised free hbo however didn't have it. This was a waste of my money as I should have went to Indy or something.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so sorry that your stay did not meet expectations. We will take your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us.