Just back from a mid-week getaway with our parents for the 4th of July holiday. Got a great rate via Hotwire, so we were prepared for and expecting the worst rooms in the place with no good views. Instead, we were given adjoining rooms on the 12th floor of the Rivue Tower (about midway up) with a perfect view of the river and fireworks! (My husband perched himself on the window sill when we got there, and I wasn't sure we were ever going to get him to move.) I would not describe the hotel as modern and flawless, but I would definitely say that our expectations were exceeeded. Some of the furnishings and elements of the room were a little worn and dated - but they were clean, spacious and comfortable. There was an extra sink/mirror outside of the bathroom, which I think is worth a million bucks as far as being able to get ready without tripping over each other in the bathroom. We slept fine but the bed/mattress was not anything special - it was a huge king bed, but not super comfortable like the beds at some other hotels like Marriott or Sheraton. The rooms did get a little outside noise mainly from the expressway (didn't bother us, but might bother someone who's super sensitive to noise), but personally I would expect a little noise staying downtown in any city. I also have to mention that we had a great room service experience - it was very fast and none of us could believe how hot the food was.
As far as the hotel in general, check-in/check-out were both quick and painless. Self-parking was $12/day which, while still high, we thought was reasonable compared to what we've paid in the past at other hotels/other cites. We had a great time hanging out at the bar located in the atrium skywalk that connects the hotel's two towers (great views of the river and downtown). 4th St. Live and plenty of restaurants are within walking distance (there's also a skywalk that runs from the hotel up to the convention center and 4th St. Live, which we used to avoid the 100 degree heat). If you want a FUN place to stay and are okay with a few imperfections, you'll be happy here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,314 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with head-spinning cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky