This is now the second year that I stayed at Galt House. Once again, I stayed on the 9th floor of the Suite Tower, and while I was told that I had an executive suite at check-in, the room was not a suite, which was a bit disappointing. It appears that the room was recently updated. I had no issue with the decor or the cleanliness. There were two main areas of concern I had with the room 1) internet access and 2) the bathroom. I found the internet situation to be even worse than last year when I stayed here. I never had reliable service. Both my colleague and I were continually bumped off and at times it would take us more than 20 minutes to get any kind of connection. On the second day of my stay, I called the front desk and explained the issue and was told that, well, there are just a lot of people trying to use the internet, so it will be slow. I find that answer to be unacceptable. In a modern hotel that seems to cater to conference crowds, it should be expected that there will be many people staying there, wanting to use the internet. The system needs to be upgraded. The second issue is in the bathroom. We had a shower stall only. In the shower stall, there is a small dish in which to put soap, but there is no place to set a wash cloth, shampoo or anything else. Everything else had to be put on the floor. The same is true with clothing. There's not a single hook in the bathroom to hang anything. Also, the design of the shower leads to a lot of water pooling outside of the shower.
I visited the bourbon bar twice while there. The first time, I waited 15 minutes without even being acknowledged by the server, who had only one other table in the bar. That's not acceptable. I wanted to leave, but my colleague suggested moving to the bar, where the bar tender was helpful and took care of us. The second night I visited it, there was no issue at all, even though it was much busier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, boasts 1,290 guest rooms and suites, 128,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the three-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. It is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky