“Exceeded expectations.”
Review of Galt House Hotel

Galt House Hotel
Ranked #30 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here on a whim for a last minute get away. What a wonderful suprise. Very large room, beautiful hotel, perfect location. Walked everywhere. Can't wait to go back. Room could have been a little cleaner, but would go back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed in the Galt House a couple of times this year and am always pleasantly surprised by its room space, cleanliness and friendly staff. Definitely come back. THANKS
1 minor thing : elevator availability

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The staff was awesome and Louisville should't be missed as a must city to spend a weekend in.

Room Tip: Request a room with the refrigerator in the main lobby building.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The good …
The location is very good. Located downtown, at the end of 4th Street you get convenience to the convention center and waterfront. If you get a room / suite in the suite tower you get a ton of space.
The Bad …
The hotel is old and very dated. It is extremely large (2900 rooms split between different sides of the street). I was lucky enough to snag a suite that had been updated in the last ten years. Others in my party were across the street in a tired, old, worn room. I stay MANY nights a year in hotels, I have Diamond status with Hyatt but they were full for same day reservations. My room was never cleaned during my three-night stay – NO I did not have a Do Not Disturb hanger on my door. The elevators are HORRIBLE during peak times. I had to wait about 23 minutes to get downstairs and it literally filled up on my upper floor and stopped every floor down. The valet parking was $18… you could call ahead to get your car but they seemed understaffed to say the least at peak times and you would only get a recording. The staff that checked me in were friendly with the exception of the Front Desk Manager, a tall bald guy. I mentioned the lack of housekeeping the second day – but it was after “4:30pm” and that is there advertised cut off for cleaning rooms. I mentioned the situation at check out – I paid a cheap rate through Priceline and was there for a Funeral so I had other things to worry about. I didn’t expect anything (I would at a national chain where I hold status though) but wanted to let them know someone was not doing their job. The Bald FD manager took offense to me saying that and started to argue with me that they were very busy and had many rooms… That is not my problem. I didn’t get what I paid for, and the valet was a bit more of a hassle than it should have been. For someone who stays over 50 nights a year at hotels, I would say I wouldn’t plan on returning soon. Clean your rooms and don’t argue with customers. Simple.

Look Elsewhere. The Hyatt is even closer to Fourth Street Live and has convenient self and valet parking. The Residence Inn, Downtown Marriott, and Seelbach are all good bets too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
galt140, Manager at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Galt House Hotel on your recent visit to the Louisville area. We appreciate your business and the time your have taken to respond to our hotel survey.Upon reading your survey, we are deeply concerned to hear about your experience with our housekeeping standards and service. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and it appears that we have fallen short of that goal. We regret that the cleanliness of your room was below not only your expectations, but the hotels as well. We know that an apology does not change your experience but we hope that you can feel confident in knowing that have we heard your concerns and are using that informattion to improve the quality of service that we provide our guest.We hope you will choose to stay at the Galt House Hotel on your next trip. We welcome the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Out of 3 suites 2 had bed bugs, when asked to move to another room security found 6 bed bugs within 2 minutes 6 floors down from where we were staying. Manager was notifed and wouldn't even talk to us on phone. Was told by 3rd shift manager her hands were tied, but if she were us she wouldn't stay there. Bugs were found around midnight and we got into new hotel around 5am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
16  Thank Christy B
GaltCustomerCare, Customer Care at Galt House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

We welcome the opportunity to discuss our pest control management program at the Galt House Hotel. I understand, given recent national news reports, your concerns.

The Galt House Hotel has always been and continues to be very proactive with the pest management inspections and preventive maintenance. Unfortunately, reports of bed bugs have becone very common in the United States. OPC Pest Control provides inspections, treatment, and educational programs to address this difficult issue. They also offer mulitple in-service programs for facility staff to educate others in identifying bed bug activity. If evidence of bed bugs are found or reported in a guest room, the guest room is treated and left vacant for approximately two weeks to allow for additional inspections and or treatment.

While no hotel can claim a pest free environment, the Galt House Hotel does everything in its power to make our guest as comfortable as possible and will continue to do so.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can provide further information or answer any questions you may have.

Galt House Customer CARE
customercare@galthouse.com

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed here as a birthday gift to myself and family. The check-in staff wished me a happy birthday and upgraded me to a suite! That was an unexpected, but wonderful gift. The room had a living area with a couch and lounge chair, a small dining table, nice accents, a sink, coffee maker, refrigerator, larg flat screen, and more. Down the hall was a separate two queen bed room with a locking door. A good sized bathroom with nice amenities sat between to the two rooms. The window overlooked the other tower, the pool, and the river. It was good for gazing out and relaxing.
The pool was outdoors, rooftop (3rd floor) and directly overlooks the river, but also has views of the downtown.
The public areas are all very open, quite relaxing, and comfortable with varying views of the city or riverfront.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank natebanta
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Upon getting to the hotel we thought it was nice then around midnight... we saw them... BEDBUGS!

Labor Day weekend, 2011... we had 3 rooms, 2 out of the 3 rooms had bed bugs. Great way to ruin a bachelorette party! We even checked a room many floors down and that room had them too! It took the staff FIVE hours to remotely do something about it. Notice we first spotted them at midnight, so we finally got to our new hotel which they DIDN'T pay for at 5am.

I will never stay there again due to their lack of caring in regards to a situation like this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank KAS1985

Dear Guest,
We welcome the opportunity to discuss our pest control management program at the Galt House Hotel. We understand, given recent national news reports, your concerns.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if we can provide further information or answer any questions you may have.

Galt House Customer CARE