“Inexpensive but locals can swim at the same pool”
Review of Breckinridge Inn

Breckinridge Inn
Ranked #63 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Lambertville, Michigan
“Inexpensive but locals can swim at the same pool”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My kids and I wanted to stay at a decent hotel ($51/night) while visiting Louisville this June. With the inexpensive price and mixed reviews, I agree it was not great. The staff was very friendly, the rooms needed updating (paint cracking, leaking bathtub faucet, and old beds). The beds were very uncomfortable and the rooms are small. We were able to get a roll away bed but barely had room to fit it. When we asked for more towels, they sent them right down. The rooms also had a strange smell when you walk in.

The thing I found the strangest was the locals (apartments are almost in the same parking lot) were allowed to buy memberships to the pool. When we arrived there was water aerobics going on in the outside pool. We had to wait to swim. The locals also would show up with coolers and cigarettes to get their sun from about 9AM until 10PM. One group even had a party at the pool that we had to walk around to return to our room. It was very odd and brought in a lot of strangers which were not all friendly. In the inside pool, people were swimming laps. The hot tub jets were broken. The lifeguards on duty were always pleasant but some were there to chat it up with their friends instead of doing their jobs.

The continental breakfast was fine and included cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. Nothing fancy but enough to feed the kids.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet. Ours was near the pool entrance but had no traffic issues or noise problems.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2014

service sucks, room had feces in the toilet, floor/carpet was wet, beds smell like your urine
Roy is a horrible man, scared my neice to death, didn't like that I complained in front of others guests, so he kicked me and called the cops banging on my hotel door like a I am gangster or something.
I am going on every website possible telling everyone what happened.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank gomie1964

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed in a block of rooms for a wedding at the Kaden Tower. It was very close to the venue.
The entire staff was super friendly and very helpful. The ice machine was broken the first night but repaired by the next day. The room was very clean but there were marks in the tub. The worst thing was the smell. Sort of musty. The room was 146, ADA compliant. It is a pet friendly hotel. The breakfast was ok, not too many choices.

Room Tip: Near the pool rooms are damp, 161
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maxine J
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The first thing you notice is the painfully dated decor. We saw the film "Grand Budapest Hotel" not long after staying here and it kinds of reminded us of the hotel in the moview, although this place was never that oppulent and the locations isn't very scenic. This hotel has colors and patterns not widely seen together since the 80’s and it probably should stay that way. It really really needs an update. One gets the idea this place was added on to several times and as a result, the upper floor hallway isn’t straight, but meanders and turns and then they throw in occassional sets of three stairs. When we tried to use the heater (this was in late April and it was still kinda chilly), it stunk up the room so bad we had to turn it off. Then the HVAC unit in rooom wouldn’t shut off off until we unplugged it. Breakfast here was pretty basic. This location is also not especially handy to the downtown attractions. For a night’s stay, the room was adequate and we’ve definitely stayed in worse, but I’d check into other options before staying here again. If you do stay here, a tip would be that the front parking lot tends to fill up, so drive around the back and park by the “health spa” (really just the pool) and go in the back door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hartsville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed two nights on a family trip. The hotel was aged but CLEAN, the staff was friendly, the outdoor pool was wonderful. However, the mattresses could use an upgrade and so could the breakfast. The breakfast would have been fine IF my husband was not diabetic. There was nothing he could eat save a boiled egg. We had to eat elsewhere, which wasn't terrible considering the price of the rooms. Two simple, inexpensive additions to their breakfast, fruit and oatmeal, and I could have given this place four green dots for "very good". All this being said, my husband and I agreed that we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveldiva1979
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was very convenient for our stay visiting family for a long weekend. The outside is gorgeous. The inside could use some updating and a facelift, but everything was very clean. Our room was comfortable and clean but in need of the same updating. The free breakfast was very limited, but the food offered was fine and the room a decent size. We did not use it, but the outdoor pool looked awesome. The staff we encountered were friendly. All in all it was a fine stay and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mason, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked our stay for a volleyball tournament. We originally had two nights, but I called over a month ahead of time and cancelled the first night as we would only be coming in for the one night. The female I spoke with stated they do not have confirmation numbers or emails, so that I could not get one, but they have us down coming in on Saturday now. Well....we arrived on Saturday and they said "oh we missed you last night"???? What! So, figuring we did not show up, they placed me and my two children in rooms above the bar and also my father was placed in another room above the bar. Stating "no other rooms were available. We had to listen to music until 230 am then listen to people carrying leaving out in the parking lot until about 330 am or so. AWFUL!! Then I had to call back for several days to speak with the only manager about getting my money back, because they charged me NOT only for Friday night (which I cancelled several weeks prior), but for a THIRD ROOM, that I never booked!! **On a positive note, they did refund all of the charges. But the sleep we missed and having to get up early for a volleyball tournament! Will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family