Breckinridge Inn
$119
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$143
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

$95
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$181
$159
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$111
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$147
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$90
$68
$125
La Quinta
The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
$161
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

All reviewscontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravysteam roomoutdoor poolroom was cleanan older hoteloff the highwaybit datedone night staystayed two nightsmini fridgeenjoyed my staypoolsbreckenridgecerealtennisrepair
Reviewed March 30, 2014

At first glance Breckinridge inn looks OK; but from the moment I checked inn it went downhill.
The person at the front desk acted as if I was interrupting something important when I checked in, a performance that was repeated throughout my stay (if you could find someone at the desk).
Next the room, for a person over 6ft tall it was easy to see they never dusted the tops of anything, and worse there was dried flem in the bathroom sink! The room felt crowded and uncomfortable, worse the internet did not work forcing me to go to a coffee shop to to send and recieve important e-mails.
I spent 2 days there then went to another hotel I stayed at previously that was cheaper with better sevice just no pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had a tight budget for our trip to Kentucky, so we wanted to spend less than $60 a night, but we were not sure what to expect for that price. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was nice, we had a King bed. I found the mattress a bit stiff, but I also like my mattresses softer than most people, and my husband did not have a problem with it. They have a flat screen tv with a good selection of cable channels, plus two HBO channels. They also have free wi-fi which seems rare these days. The only downside is that the walls seemed a bit thin, because we could hear everything going on in the hall and the room next door. It is possible we just had especially noisy neighbors, though, and the hallway noise could probably be avoided by asking for a room on the second floor.

My husband and I like to go lap swimming several times a week, so we were really glad that they have an indoor pool with lap lanes. It is just short of 25 meters, maybe 22? Half of the pool is for lap swimming and half is for leisure. The pool was quite warm, which is probably really nice if you are just floating and relaxing, but was a bit warm for lap swimming. We still appreciated having lap lanes, though. Be aware that people in the area can buy memberships, and so the pool can get a bit busy. If you come around 5pm, be prepared to wait for a lane, especially since it seems like some people reserve lanes for people who do not appear to be waiting, so it is hard to know when you will be able to use a lane. If you go in the middle of the day, though, you will probably not have to wait long if at all. They also have a nice hot tub there, and it is a good place to talk to people that live nearby to learn about the area.

The breakfast is okay, it is mainly cold items like bagels and cereal, but they do have hot biscuits with gravy, which my husband thought were good. Plus it is free so it is hard to complain.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes from downtown, but it is right off the freeway so it is easy to get there. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby, especially if you go into St. Matthews. You will find a good combination of chains and independent restaurants there, and a lot of ethnic food. There is also a bar in the hotel, which was nice. The bartenders were friendly and they had a good selection at a reasonable price. We were there on a weekday, but apparently if you go on weekend there is a cover and a 2 drink minimum, because they have live entertainment, so be aware of that.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mkenaturegirl
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The stay at Breckinridge Inn was fraught with many difficulties that made for an unpleasant stay (having to make both beds after finding hairs in the sheets and duvet covers because housekeeping had gone for the day, and other things). After emailing the General Manager concerning my displeasure, she immediately replied and did the best she could to make the situation better. Quite grateful that she did make an effort, because I really did not want to post the pics I took of everything that was wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for the hotel room to be far from the live band, if you're looking to sleep at night. Band sounds pretty good, just really loud at night.
1  Thank travelinherenthere
Reviewed March 9, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is located convenient to Interstate 65. It is well very kept up and an incredible value. A spacious room with two double beds was $62 plus tax. The free breakfast was average, nothing special. I was traveling with my dog and the hotel is very pet friendly. The only problem we encountered was that the water level on the commode was too high.