“Pleasant Independent Inn”
Review of Breckinridge Inn

Breckinridge Inn
Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent most of our stay in the Breckenridge in the pools. When it rained, we sam inside, and when the sun shined, we swam outside. I appreciated that the pool is part of the health/fitness club and is also used by community residents who can make local food recommendations and provide the best suggestions for local interest. It was an excellent stay. The halls are winding and like something out of The Twilight Zone, but the rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the hotel quiet. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: There are a lot stepsthe hallways.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra F
There are newer reviews for Breckinridge Inn

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A cozy place to stay. Great night club! Classic old style hotel. Was a very good location. Breakfast was ok. The rooms were in good shape and clean. Good water pressure in the shower. The place is not modern or luxurious, but is a classic vintage place that was nice, and a very convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marjshel
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night. We got there around 10:30pm so it was basically a drop by - sleep - leave type of scenario. The staff woman at the front desk was nice and greeted up promptly. She have us a wifi card with a number one it. For some reason I couldn't get it to work. I also had trouble with the ice machine. It would not dispense ice for my wife or me.

Nonetheless, we got a great night sleep without waking up mid-night... Actual we stayed asleep till 11am. Long story short. Good stay and convient place. Would recommend if it's a late night crash one night stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It is an older motel but very clean and quiet. It is convenient to get to. The room that I stayed in was large, roomy, very comfortable and the only thing on the down side is that it smelled musky and everything felt damp. I told the clerk on the way out and he tried to give me a reason but I really don't know why. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was very quick.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
BreckMgr, General Manager at Breckinridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for the feedback. I am so pleased that you had a nice visit here. I do apologize for the moisture in the room and any musky odors that went along with that. We are addressing this issue with a couple of rooms.

Please come back and try us again and I will make sure your stay is perfect.

Thank You!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very old and outdated. It is clean for as old as it is but the outside is really deceiving. The outside looks like a real nice place. The beds are small hard and very uncomfortable. I was looking to be cheap that's why I stayed here thinking it would be better than a motel 6 or something but there are so many other hotels in the area for the same amount or a tad bit more $$. I also called and asked if it would sleep 5 people they said yes as a matter of fact 6.... The beds were so small my husband I barely fit on one bed let alone 6 people to one room, when we asked they said put 3 people in a bed or rent a roll away for I think an extra $20 a night. Iam I. The area often and I'll never go back. And oh yea the buffet is terrible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hillary S
BreckMgr, General Manager at Breckinridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank You for your feedback. I apologize that you were given incorrect information from my staff. We offer rooms with two full size beds or one king size bed. We allow up to 5 people per guest room in a room with two full sized beds. I am sure 3 people sleeping in one full sized bed was not comfortable at all. We do offer a rollaway for a $10.00 charge.

We offer a complimentary continental breakfast that includes three types of cereal, juices, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs and biscuits and sausage gravy. We try to keep this affordable on our end to make our rooms affordable to our guests.

Thank You for your comments and I will share them with my front desk staff so that this inconvenience will not happen to someone else.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was very clean & quiet. We stayed for 3 nights and only heard a few door slams the entire time we were there. The only thing that I didn't like was no fresh towels were brought to us. I threw them on the floor and was given one back. Really? New towels please.... Outdoor pool area was nice. Indoor was being painted and the smell was horrible. Glad I wasn't staying on one of those rooms near the pool... Breakfast was ok. Biscuits and gravy, cereal, toast and bagels with muffins. Maybe a little change? Otherwise a good stay. Travel around the area was ok. As long as you didn't get into rush hour time. Then the wait at the lights were horrible but this is not the hotels problem.. Nightclub was a "flashback from the 70's!!" Would have stayed and had a couple if the bartender didn't blast that music as soon as we sat down. We were the only people there... Also the staff was not very knowledgably with things in their own town...

Otherwise it was a nice quiet get a way!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
BreckMgr, General Manager at Breckinridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello and Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the lack of housekeeping service. It is our policy to provide fresh towels and this will be addressed today with my staff. We want to provide you with great service and we dropped the ball. Again, my sincerest apology.
I will share this review with the lounge owner. He will appreciate your feedback too. We cannot improve without people that take the time to write an honest review like yourself. Thank you.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have been staying at the Breckenridge since the 90's when we have traveled from Birmingham to Cleveland or other destination north such as Madison, Wisconsin. Our latest stay was August of this year and it seems they may have upgraded at least some of their King rooms. The one we had was certainly nice than what I remembered. The Inn is a bit away from Louisville Center but that has never been an issue for us as passers-through. The access is from I-264 and the Inn sits on a nicely treed and fairly quite plot. There are plenty of shops and places to eat no more than a mile away. The only minus was the seemingly disinterested and less than social person working the reception desk. Otherwise, we will continue to book this location as our travels permit.

Room Tip: King rooms seem a bit more spacious than, say, rooms with two Queen beds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for taking the time to write a review! A Special THANKS to you for being a long time customer! I appreciate your feedback and have addressed this issue with my front desk staff. I would love to speak to you about your experience a bit further and would welcome a call from you. Thank You.