Breckinridge Inn
$199
$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravyoutdoor poolan older hoteloff the highwaybit datedone night staystayed two nightsrooms were very cleanbed was very comfortablepoolsbreckenridgecerealrepairrefrigerator
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed here over night when packing my daughter to come home from U of L. It is close to the university and it near great shopping. The bed was very comfortable and it was nice and quiet! I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cmanis01
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose the Breckinridge Inn for our 2012 Oaks/Derby excursion. Not only was the hotel only about 15-20 minutes from Churchill Downs, the accomodations were quiet and clean in a nice area. While the hotel is certainly not new, it was well maintained with a helpful friendly staff. There is a restaurant on site as well as many near the hotel along with other shopping. The entire weekend I never heard another guest from our room. The only downfall was the hotel has been built in stages so even if you take the elevator to the second floor, you could still have quite a walk with some stairs.

Room Tip: The view was better towards the pool than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. It was very quite and clean. On one day of my stay I was in my room with a migraine. The house cleaning staff came in and checked on me twice and were very quite as they cleaned the room. Every request I made was honored and done with a smile. I will stay at this hotel anytime I'm in Loiusville.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs near pool. Beware that there is not an elevator on this end.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Carolyn F
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Although the decor of this hotel is a little dated, it was a very neat and clean hotel. The amenities were nice with indoor pool and hot tub to go along with a nice lounge with live music from Wednesay night to Saturday night. The prices is so reasonable considering some of the other hotels we looked at.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MasterPay
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We'd visited Louisville last year for the first time and stayed on Preston Highway near the airport, Our hotel (La Quinta) was fine, but when we went back this year, I wanted to be in a better area. The Breckinridge is definitely that. I also liked the idea of staying in an independently owned hotel, hoping to support small businesses whenever possible.
This place is pet-friendly, which is crucial to us and our dachshund Gretchen, but we didn't hear or see any other dogs when we were there. The room was large, well furnished and clean. The bathroom had plenty of counter space and a wonderful heatlamp that made it feel so much more luxurious than the standard new flourescent bulbs ever could. The bed was really comfortable and had piles of excellent pillows - so good that we promptly bought new pillows as soon as we got home! And on top of all that - breakfast was fantastic! The biscuits were great, the coffee was delicious, and there were plenty of cereals, bagels, and muffins to choose from. The OJ was super fresh, plus there was a big bowl of apples to choose from.
There's a workout room and a pool, plus a tennis court. The hallways are really well kept, and there are a few vending machines in them if you need anything. It's a wonderful place to stay, and we'll definitely be back.
Note: There's a club in the basement that we almost went to - but once we saw there was a cover charge on a Sunday night, we changed our minds.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business