“Clean & friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed there overnight while traveling. Located not too far off I271. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Room was clean, bed was comfortably & AC worked great. There is a buffet breakfast with made to order eggs, pancakes, etc. Food was good. I will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank edhurt29
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast

Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is a comfortable, clean hotel in an excellent location. I was, however, disappointed when there were about 20 children 10 and under in the pool with about three adults supervising. The adults were having beer and pizza. The children also spent a lot of time in the hot tub.I've never been to a hotel where the pool was turned into a circus like this. It would be good if the management enforced rules for those of us who would like some time to relax. I'm not against having children in the area, but this beer and pizza family reunion was a bit much.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2011

HGI is quickly becoming a "go-to" for me when I am staying a single night. The hotels are fresh and on the newer side after my research of course, they gyms are perfect, staff is almost always great, food is good and locations are ideal. This property met all these requirements for me and I would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2011

So, I'm actually in the hotel room as I type this. We have had quite an experience so far here at the Hilton Garden Inn. First, the facts: The hotel is not in downtown or an urban setting but there is a starbucks, an outdoor mall of sorts (gap, banana republic, etc.) barnes and noble, a couple of restaurants and a kroger very near by. The hotel is quite clean and feels very new. We are here for the Derby (as my mother in law in an honorary Kentucky Colonel) and this place, like every other hotel, is mobbed.

Our story begins like any other: check in, get to our room toss our stuff down and then head out for dinner. We get back around 10:30pm and go to the room. But the key doesn't work. So, head down stairs for a new key. Nope, doesn't work either. No problem, the front desk person calls maintenance. He comes up to the room with some gadgets, plugs them in and nope, still nothing. At this point, about a half hour has passed. We decide to go downstairs and wait. There appears to be some issue with getting our doors open. At least two people from outside the hotel are called in. The front desk staff, including the manager who had been there, we're told, since 8:30 am (Kim) stays with this issue until resolution is reached at 2am. The four of us were strewn all over the lobby, passed out, waiting to get to our room. Throughout the 3 and a half hour ordeal, the folks that worked the desk (Mandy) came by and gave us periodic updates and possible plans to get us in our room (put a ladder up to the thirdfloor and break in through a window, drill the lock out, I don't know what else). So, to recap, it took 3.5 hours but we finally got in. Granted, there was no door handle on the outside but who cares, the deadbolt worked. And being Derby weekend, the hotel was booked solid so switching was not an option.

The Hilton Garden Inn stepped up there A game by offering us to grab snacks from the pantry (which, I promise, kept four women from getting REALLY grumpy) so we could get some chocolate fixes during out extended wait. There is discussion of the room being comped for a night or two and they also offered to buy us dinner at a nearby restaurant.

So, this morning I woke up and tried the door handle: nope. I called down, Kim the manager answers "Hey. We can't get out" and about 1 minute later i look out the peephole and she and one of the maintenance people are working to get us out. Which they did. Greg delivered a new assembly and installed it while we left for the day. The staff did a more than extraordinary job of dealing with this issue.

I'm a loyal Hilton Honors Gold member and have been for some time. I stayed at Marriott Thursday night and liked it so much I declared I was switching loyalties. But this morning, I reneged on that declaration and have decided to stay Hilton loyal because of the staff here at this Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
HGIAsstGenMgr, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Hello again mcoleman!! What an adventure we had, yes? I want to express my sincere appreciation for your patience with us - you were by far the most understanding guests we could have had experience such a situation, as we tried positively every avenue to open your guestroom door. As this was a first-time occurrence for us, the management team has met several times this week to discuss the issues with your door so that this type of situation will not occur again, especially in the wee hours of the morning. We are so genuinely sorry for the lock malfunction.

It was an absolute pleasure serving you, and we are overjoyed to hear you had a great Derby weekend with us. We hope to see you again soon! All the best.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

This was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn (we usually stay at Courtyards and other Marriott brand hotels), and I left with mixed feelings.

The room itself was immaculately clean and smelled fresh, and the HDTV had more channels than anyone would need. Loved the free-wifi (very fast connection) and free parking. However, our toilet had a very weak flush, and the shower was quite tempermental. The staff were pleasant, but seemed to lack enthusiasm. The indoor hot tub was nice, but the pool water had a greyish-tinge to it. Also, the breakfast buffet was rather unimpressive (i.e. the pastries tasted stale, the fruit wedges weren't replenished).

Overall, it's a clean, but very sterile and 'cookie-cutter' hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Row21middle, thank you so, so much for your gift of feedback! Without our guests' perspective we are unable to improve our services for our guests so that your stays become better each time. We are working hard to show our Garden Inn personality through every team member, and to go above and beyond what you expect from a Garden Inn. We have remedied the shower in the room you stayed in, and our pool is sparkling clear as we speak, ready for another visit! We vow to not be a cookie-cutter hotel again. Hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Location: Situated right next to an outdoor upscale shopping mall and about twenty minutes from downtown Louisville and the airport.

Service: The ladies at the front desk were very helpful whenever I needed anything, as was the server for the breakfast buffet. Everyone was very welcoming, which I really appreciated.

Room: The room was clean, quiet, and had a nice flatscreen TV. One minor problem was that the toliet had a weak flush. They have free wifi!

Pool: The hottub was clean, but the pool was cloudy. The fitness center was new and well-maintained.

Breakfast: The breakfast buffet was $10 and really good. The waitress was very attentive and sweet. Everything was made-to-order and delicious.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

VegasLover777, thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. I am so pleased our team's service met your expectations - we work very hard to create a welcoming and dependable atmosphere for our guests staying with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

This HGI is a great addition to the Hilton family. I traveled back and forth to Louisville on business for approximately six months and stayed here each trip. The rooms are comfortable and spacious.

One of the best features of the hotel is the location - located in 'The Summit' which has several restaurants and lots of shopping made it very convenient for a business traveler like me to have quick and immediate access to a lot of different types of food and stores (all within walking distance). Outside of walking distance, but within a 1 mile drive is even more shopping and another 15-20 choices for dining.

The cook-to-order breakfast was a great way to start off the day and always had a good selection of food.

I do have to say that the main reason that I continued to go back to this same location while I was in Louisville was the staff. The entire team from the housekeepers to the front desk and grill staff all the way to the management team always went the extra mile. Over the time I spent at the hotel, I saw many of these people on a daily basis and everyone was always helpful, friendly and had a smile on. I think what seperates this staff from some others I have seen, is that they are not like this with just the regular business travelers that they grow used to seeing every week, but with everyone who walks in their doors.

Overall, i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the Louisville area for work or fun. One tip I would throw out there is to ask the front desk for a "Summit Passport" which has several coupons and discounts for many of the stores and restaurants around the Summit.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
HGIAsstGenMgr, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Dear wdoyel, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast! Thank you for complimenting our team that strives to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have successful experiences in Louisville, whether in work, play or stay. Every aspect of our guest's visit is important, and you can count on us to make you feel at home and meet any need. See you soon!